Dave Roever - speaker

Help Support CattleToday:

Scout

Reaction score
Today we had Dave Roever come to our school and speak. He spoke at this year's National FFA Convention - I figured some of ya'll heard him - I know we've got some ag teachers on here. He was absolutely phenomenal.

He tells of his Vietnam experience- getting burned by a white phosphorus grenade- it exploded 6" from his right ear. He's had reconstructive surgery...has a prosthetic ear, only has the use of one eye, and one nostril. ANYWAY - the message to students was very powerful and well received.

Has anyone else seen/heard him speak?

Yes, I have met him a couple times. I shook his hand and it was like shaking someones old leather boot. He is one amazing man.
One ugly dude outside so strong on the inside.
He has a story that is quite remarkable and he makes it so funny as he tells it. taking his ear off and playing the piano with it. :) :) :cboy:

Yes indeed a great speaker, I have only heard him in church type meetings. Its great they are letting his message in schools.
He is truely an example that you can make whatever you are given turn out great.
I am a huge fan.

MD

Hearing him play "How Great Thou Art" was amazing. Our school is pretty conservative...and the kids really liked him. He spoke first thing in the morning, and the kids - high schoolers - were still talking about it at the end of the day.

Can you get me some information on how to get in touch with him? I am a 4-H Volunteer Leader, my Moms church as well as others in our area are always looking for inspirational speakers at our schools and church's. Thanks.

Roever Evangelistic Association
P.O. Box 136130
Fort Worth, TX. 76136
817-238-2000
http://www.daveroever.org

Dave has a tremendous Youth Ministry, he's "gettin-er-done for God"!

Our daughter was saved at a youth rally in NW Kansas several years back so I have a great amount of love and respect for this man of God!

I was blessed last year in Fayetteville AR. when he spoke at the Promise Keepers conference also.

Scout":1q5eyyct said:
Today we had Dave Roever come to our school and speak. He spoke at this year's National FFA Convention - I figured some of ya'll heard him - I know we've got some ag teachers on here. He was absolutely phenomenal.

He tells of his Vietnam experience- getting burned by a white phosphorus grenade- it exploded 6" from his right ear. He's had reconstructive surgery...has a prosthetic ear, only has the use of one eye, and one nostril. ANYWAY - the message to students was very powerful and well received.

Has anyone else seen/heard him speak?

Scout, are you an ag teacher?

Ok, thought you might have knew a relative of mine that was an ag teacher in Ohio County until last year. He is in Warren county now.

Since you are an english teacher, I guess we need to watch our puncuation and grammar, both of which are my weaknesses.

tom4018,

I know exactly who you are referring to. Small world, eh? Does he still love his fantasy football? ;-)

He was my KTIP mentor when I taught my first year - my first two years I taught at Ohio County. He called last year and asked me to write a letter of recommendation for him. I did so gladly.

Wow. Small world.

Don't know about the football. Had not seen him in years, see his parents more often, although we live close. Ran into him last week at WKU at the FFA field day and talked for a while.

Well, whaddaya know. Interesting.

Since you said you live close to him, I have a question for you. Where his road meets 231, right across the way there's a neat barn and a house that was rebuilt after it burned. The way the barn's built - with the sides kicked out - those are for mangers, perhaps? Ever been in there? I just remember that being a pretty place. 'Course, there are several pretty places down through that stretch.

Scout":13v9febu said:
Well, whaddaya know. Interesting.

Since you said you live close to him, I have a question for you. Where his road meets 231, right across the way there's a neat barn and a house that was rebuilt after it burned. The way the barn's built - with the sides kicked out - those are for mangers, perhaps? Ever been in there? I just remember that being a pretty place. 'Course, there are several pretty places down through that stretch.

Years ago I was on that farm before it was redone. They have several horses around there so I would assume they are mangers. We are on 79 south of M-town.

Latest posts