Dave

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep, I am in that area. The eastern boundary of this county (about 30 miles from me) is the Snake River. The other side of the river is Idaho. We voted to join Idaho about 2 weeks ago. I voted to leave Portland/Salem/Eugene. They can keep their ideas in their own little state.
You will still get Oregon grass seed. Most of that is grown in the Willamette valley between Salem and Eugene. I will be sorry to leave those farmers behind but we really don't want to take their neighbors.

Yep, I am in that area. The eastern boundary of this county (about 30 miles from me) is the Snake River. The other side of the river is Idaho. We voted to join Idaho about 2 weeks ago. I voted to leave Portland/Salem/Eugene. They can keep their ideas in their own little state.
You will still get Oregon grass seed. Most of that is grown in the Willamette valley between Salem and Eugene. I will be sorry to leave those farmers behind but we really don't want to take their neighbors.
Do you think it will happen

That's how we've been in Southern Illinois for decades. Chicago makes the rules, we have to deal with it. We are a two culture state as well. Good for you!
I believe the first time it was brought up to split the state was in 1860.
Chicago wants to, and Southern Illinois for sure wants to, it's just the politicians that don't. To much money to be made keeping it together.

That's their way of trying to control the rif-raff like us. They make the laws to suit them while the rest of the state with common sense suffers the consequences.

I hear Dan Bongino describe this. Conservatives think liberals have bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people with bad ideas. They don't want to let us go our separate ways because they are going to learn us to think right.

Latest posts