Daughter's herd

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
My daughter's herd is growing quite nicely! This little stud was born 3/23/19 to a first calf daughter of my Silverado bull.
Picture from yesterday.

And her old cow turned 14 yesterday...and dropped a nice pair of twin heifers! Still can't get pictures to post...
:bang:

Calf looks really nice. That will be a little hard on a 14 year old with a set of twins. Good cow to get females out of - longevity! With the little round ears, I'm going to "assume" Red Angus?

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Calf looks really nice. That will be a little hard on a 14 year old with a set of twins. Good cow to get females out of - longevity! With the little round ears, I'm going to "assume" Red Angus?

Thanks! Both the old girl and the first calf heifer are getting a few pounds of corn a day in addition to hay. They both need it. As far as the old girl goes, I have kept numerous daughters and sons in the breeding pen. She pretty much knocks it out of the park each time, though this is her first set of twins. Unless something goes really wrong (knock on wood!), both Reba and Rhonda (the twins) will be sticking around.

Jake, the calf pictured above is a Lim-Flex. His Nalf %s are about 30% Limi, 20% Angus, and 50% Red Angus. Dam is purebred RA, sire (Boot Jack Duke) is a 60/40 Lim-Flex.

LOL - I knew they weren't Simmental ears!!! I have been fortunate through the years with raising twin heifers. Great when you can keep one and sell one. In the same year (spring and fall) I had full sib embryo pregnacies that split and gave me heifers. So, I had 4 heifers out of two embryos. WooHoo!!
But, I am not a fan of twins. If I never have another set, it would not break my heart. They are fun, and cute - WHEN everything goes right. Glad Reba & Rhonda are doing well.

My sister has an older angus cow (dam to her Lim-Flex that won WI state fair in 2011) that has had a couple of sets of twins when bred to Titan. It sure ups the production numbers in a hurry!

I was worried with this cow being fairly old, but she seems to be doing a great job with them. I purchased 2 head for my daughter to start her herd. She is up to 6 head now.... though Jake will probably be commandeered for my bull battery one day...

Since I can't get pictures to post properly, this should work.... This is Roxy, 14 years old the same day she had her twins.
https://postimg.cc/G962KTmn

Boot Jack Bulls said:
Since I can't get pictures to post properly, this should work.... This is Roxy, 14 years old the same day she had her twins.
If you can't get the pictures to post any other way, try this:

it will make some options open up for you. Choose the one (hotlink for forums) by the arrow and copy & paste it directly into your post/reply:

greybeard said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:
If you can't get the pictures to post any other way, try this:

it will make some options open up for you. Choose the one (hotlink for forums) by the arrow and copy & paste it directly into your post/reply:

Thanks, but I have tried that too...still get an error message...

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Jake's mom looks awesome!

Thanks Jeanne! I picked her up on an online sale from the breeder of my Silverado bull. He had a few of his daughters on that sale, but this girl was the sleeper. She was the youngest on there, super green and had zero creep. I found her structure impeccable, she was reportedly very docile, and I got her bought for a steal. She is one that just impresses me every day.

That error is on the CT end of things I believe.
I've seen that and it usually means the image is too large or the image is in a format that CT doesn't recognize or accept. Somewhere around 640x480 up to 700x500 in Jpg format works best here at CT...and CT won't usually accept overly high resolution images/pictures.

greybeard said:
That error is on the CT end of things I believe.
I've seen that and it usually means the image is too large or the image is in a format that CT doesn't recognize or accept. Somewhere around 640x480 up to 700x500 in Jpg format works best here at CT...and CT won't usually accept overly high resolution images/pictures.

I always select the option to re-size for message boards when uploading to PostImage. I wonder what the problem is. Sometimes, out of numerous tries by the same method, I miraculously get one photo to post (like at the start of this thread), then the next 2 dozen attempts show that error message. They are all unedited pictures taken with the same Android I am attempting to post them with.....

Why did it fail?
Link redirects me to the picture.

Latest posts