Daughters Going Crazy!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Her 4-H Jersey heifer is in labor!
She can hardly wait!
Keeps asking if we can go down and check her. Told her it is best to just leave her be and let her get to work.

We are both hoping for a heifer calf. Got our fingers crossed!

I luv herfrds":37vsh5ne said:
Her 4-H Jersey heifer is in labor!
She can hardly wait!
Keeps asking if we can go down and check her. Told her it is best to just leave her be and let her get to work.

We are both hoping for a heifer calf. Got our fingers crossed!
:banana: Good luck! Post pictures!

IT'S A HEIFER!!!!

Needed some help, but I know my daughter is always going to remember her Mom kneeling in a pile of cow poop pulling her Jerseys calf!

Named her Aurora because the northern lights were out and we could see them walking home from the barn.

Looks really pretty! Is the calf full jersey? Momma seems to know what to do, but she better let you do some milking too!

Her milk comes in full swing and you need a extra calf for her I got one. Ronan angus cow with eek old 827 baldie heifer calf choked and died eating another cows afterbirth. Still got about 45 or so to calve but I get done and don't need the calf she'd probably like that dairy cow better than a rubber teat.

AI calf?

Thanks everyone!
Daughter was so excited this morning to go down and see her pair she forgot that she was going on a field trip.
Yes she is full Jersey.
Jerseys are hard to find here too! Already got a call about buying one of our Jerseys. We have 3 of them.

Already brought out the milking bucket and got 2 gallons of colostrum out of her.

H'76 let me talk to daughter and see what she says. Always figured we need at least 2 calves on the Jersey's we have had. Know one person who put 4 calves on theirs and could not figure why she did not breed back. Got one cow with only 2 teats, froze her back 2 off this winter. Hubby figured to let that ones calf steal off Gwen but not sure how well that would really work.
Got 10 left to go for us.

H'76 talked to daughter and she would like to have the bum calf. Let us know.
Getting just over 2 gallons a day from her. Gwen is pretty touchy about her bag but no surprise with her being a first year milker but she is calming down.
Will have to get a new picture of Aurora. Looking super cute right now!

Latest posts