Dang Trespassers

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":174uk9k1 said:
Looks like the lust for good tomatoes for tomato sandwiches has people disregarding property rights and they are just planting tomatoes everywhere. :lol:

How many of those fancy tomater plants will it take to get a bushel ?

greybeard":2yyax34s said:
I seen thousands of pounds of those tomatoes up close and personal already. 14,800lbs worth.
Careful Jo. This video was taken on my property in 2014. You could have some company(I shoulda made 'em pay for that tree they broke down tho)

I remember when you posted this. The "war on drugs" looks like an expensive endeavor. Looks like a Bell 206 helicopter that carries a price tag of around a million dollars and costs around $500/hr to run. You don't reckon they could have used ATV's to collect it and save the taxpayer a few dollars do you? And what's with the dude on the ground unhooking the dope? Was that body armor he had on? Did you make him feel that uncomfortable? ;-) :lol2:

Yeah, I think they should have paid for your tree. I don't think they'd have batted an eye at a thousand dollars given money they were spending. Had I been in charge I'd have sprayed it all down with Gramoxone and waited a couple hours then called it a day.

Did they ever make any arrests?

dieselbeef":2yyax34s said:
maybe he is growing it for his wife who has cancer..or his child

Don't know. Maybe he is planning on paying the taxes on it. Then it will be legal right?

I don't know. I just think it best for me to leave it alone.

skyhightree1":rzvgqoo6 said:
Jogeephus":rzvgqoo6 said:
Looks like the lust for good tomatoes for tomato sandwiches has people disregarding property rights and they are just planting tomatoes everywhere. :lol:

I think they are sold by the ounce and not by the bushel.

Jogeephus":27oyor2q said:
skyhightree1":27oyor2q said:
Jogeephus":27oyor2q said:

you post this thread and in another thread your talking about wealth , I aint gots no higher learning buts I can figure purty gud.

M-5":17l2psrt said:
Jogeephus":17l2psrt said:
skyhightree1":17l2psrt said:

you post this thread and in another thread your talking about wealth , I aint gots no higher learning buts I can figure purty gud.

Jo I think you should put these in those 4 cell packs and sell out of your green house before they get this big :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Nope. I might mess with alcohol but I don't mess with drugs. I will say this, if I did smoke dope I'd grow my own. There is no way in the world I'd pay what these people pay for pot when I could grow my own. That just tells me how lazy and dumb they are. What would you need for personal consumption? 1 plant? Pretty sure I could pull that off without anyone being the wiser.

Jogeephus":2elvl8an said:
:lol: :lol: Nope. I might mess with alcohol but I don't mess with drugs. I will say this, if I did smoke dope I'd grow my own. There is no way in the world I'd pay what these people pay for pot when I could grow my own. That just tells me how lazy and dumb they are. What would you need for personal consumption? 1 plant? Pretty sure I could pull that off without anyone being the wiser.

Exactly...
Now if they legalize that here I may have to clear out a good 5 acres and grow it or get some big greenhouses :lol:

Jogeephus":67aiyl9z said:
greybeard":67aiyl9z said:
I seen thousands of pounds of those tomatoes up close and personal already. 14,800lbs worth.
Careful Jo. This video was taken on my property in 2014. You could have some company(I shoulda made 'em pay for that tree they broke down tho)

I remember when you posted this. The "war on drugs" looks like an expensive endeavor. Looks like a Bell 206 helicopter that carries a price tag of around a million dollars and costs around $500/hr to run. You don't reckon they could have used ATV's to collect it and save the taxpayer a few dollars do you? And what's with the dude on the ground unhooking the dope? Was that body armor he had on? Did you make him feel that uncomfortable? ;-) :lol2:

Yeah, I think they should have paid for your tree. I don't think they'd have batted an eye at a thousand dollars given money they were spending. Had I been in charge I'd have sprayed it all down with Gramoxone and waited a couple hours then called it a day.

Did they ever make any arrests?
ATVs wouldn't go where the garden was. Growers had felled some trees in the middle of the forest/thicket next to the river.
Only way they discovered it was the felled trees were pointing all directions (a storm lays them down all the same way).

Had enough Feds there as it was..gramoxone would have meant bringing in and getting approval from Nat'l Forest & Tx Forest service. They prize their damn trees and brush above all else. I could get away with killing the very last existing pair of any endangered species easier than killing one of their beloved trees.

Not body armor. Flight suit with, with some kind of pouch vest & what we used to call a spie rig over it. It's to enable insertion and extraction by air from somewhere a helo can't land. I talked to him some between drops, & know he was burning up and sweating like a pig in the helmet, gloves, and all that nomex in an East Texas September..

I didn't keep up with the case, so I don't know if they made arrests or not.

greybeard":zadmo8jf said:
I didn't keep up with the case, so I don't know if they made arrests or not.

I'd be willing to bet they didn't make an arrest. They rarely do here. Here they prefer to let the grower grow and sell it then catch them with the money and confiscate it so they get the money. The dope does the government little good.

Its something to watch the government spend money isn't it? Okefenokee has been burning and the feds asked a farmer if they could draw water from his pond. He told them to help themselves but they told him they would have to buy his water. He asked what they were paying and they told him $0.62/gal so he told them to have at it. He turned on his deep well and ran some irrigation pipe to the pond to keep it full and he got $620 each time the helicopter drew water. Makes no sense. Its as if they think you can just print money. Um..... well I guess they do..... how silly of me. My apologizes.

GAonmymind":yfftaja9 said:
Not going to debate if it should or should not be legal. The fact is growing marijuana is a felony in GA. Property has been seized by the government for people growing marijuana on it. You would probably use the "innocent owner defense" - not my plants and I was not aware. Oh wait, I posted pictures...

People can do what they want on their property. They plant it on my property and we will have a "come to Jesus" meeting. Or you could go stealth and just replace it with a real tomato.

I gotta agree. If you know it's there and don't do anything about it, you probably place yourself as a party to the offense. I'd sure hate to do time for someone else.

M-5":13j32ade said:
Jogeephus":13j32ade said:
skyhightree1":13j32ade said:

He was also talking about how much he made off his farming operation.

You guys kill me. :lol2: :lol2: One day I look at some land clearing work and find pot growing on the property and am concerned if I move my equipment to the site it will either get burned or someone will pour sugar in the fuel tanks. Next thing Gaonmymind and Slick have generously given me the land but before the deed can even be recorded I'm told its going to be confiscated by the government and I'll be rotting in jail with serial killers and pedophiles. Next, M-5 and TB have elevated me to drug lord status and by tomorrow I expect I will have replaced Pablo Escobar in the nation's drug trade. I don't care who you are you gotta love the way these threads evolve! :lol2:

Jo, I said what I said out of concern. Would hate to see anyone get jammed up IF it is their land over the actions of someone else.

I enjoy this site and read it to learn from the more experienced people. Really enjoy some of the posts from True Grit, Bright Raven, Son of Butch, Cross 7, etc.

Peace, nothing negative intended JO.

No worries Gaonmymind. Like I say, I love it. That's what makes CT so entertaining. Just watch how a discussion on how to best set a bale of hay on the ground can turn into a huge thread where in the end the discussion has nothing to do with hay at all.

Jogeephus":277q78r0 said:
No worries Gaonmymind. Like I say, I love it. That's what makes CT so entertaining. Just watch how a discussion on how to best set a bale of hay on the ground can turn into a huge thread where in the end the discussion has nothing to do with hay at all.
Jo if you'd just upsize your operation and diversify you would quality to be governor of Arkansas and maybe POTUS.

No need for the mind altering Marijuana when you can buy all of the mind altering alcohol at the local grocery store.

No need to trespass to grow tomatoes when you can come up here and buy all the tomatoes you want at a store. Heck they even have a guy out on the street corner waving a sign pointing the way to the store.

I was visiting with a couple guys in Oregon. They were telling how an Oregon Deputy Sheriff was writing down license plate numbers off Idaho shoppers at the local store. He would then call his counter part on the Idaho side of the state line and give him the plate number. Seems what is legal in Oregon will get you arrested in Idaho.

I was very nearly a victim of the war on tomatoes. In CA they grow them on the springs up in the nastiest country they can find, some of which belonged to me. The sheriff's department patroled by helicopter routinely. Sitting on a young horse in the kind of country where you can look down and see your truck and trailer under one stirrup and have to lift your leg to move around rocks on the other side is an uncomfortable place to be when that helicopter comes buzzing over the top of the ridge right above you.

Latest posts