Dang Bulls, Part 2

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Last time I checked the cows I noticed their salt and mineral were getting low.
So yesterday I took them out a bag and a block. Just in case I also took out the fencing tools.

Boy am I glad I did.
The Churchill bull and our heifer bull Red got into it again. Red and the first year heifers are all out with the main herd now.
Need to replace 2 gate poles so we can close the gate that goes between the pastures. Did some weird fencing but got it closed for now. Couple of wires were snapped.
At the second gate there was some wires snapped there too.

Another week or 2 and we will be pulling the bulls.

Might need to invest in a second solar fence charger and run some wire in that area next year.

We start to see more fence issues this time of year as well. The bulls are due to come out shortly and I think they are getting bored and wanting to find some action.

imagine that.....
bulls in adjoining pastures fighting thru the fence.
unless your solar charger is better than mine then it is not going to stop such activity.

sounds like theyve done bred the cows an heifers.an have nothing but time on their hands so they fight.

When I was a kid we experienced these problems with good fence also. Almost always between the same two pasures. Finally moved over about 15 feet and built another fence. That solved the problem.

Latest posts