Dam Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
This calf
DSC01533.jpg

decided to walk under the eletric fence and go and investigate the dam
DSC01557.jpg

the dam that I irrigate out off and keep the Koi's in, about 7ft deep.
Untitled-8.jpg

This dam calf fell in the dam!!! Ears were droopy and full of water for a long while after that.
DSC01539.jpg

Luckily the mother broke through the electric fence and put up a he!! of a racket or else I'm sure the little heifer would have drowned. We pulled her out, between the mother trying to knock us about, she was exausted! She is heavy, I'm sure our bodies will be stiff tomorrow. Luckily the mother didn't fall in as well.

All this while my farm forman lay fast asleep.
DSC01479.jpg

Hmmm, so your dam calf went under the dam wire, fell in the dam, then her dam went nuts, alerting you to the dam near catastrophe. Then you had a dam hard time getting the calf out of the dam while her dam was dam excited and dam near fell in the dam herself. Now the calf is back with her dam and you all are dam tired after the whole dam event?

Isomade":q7ox3cs7 said:
Hmmm, so your dam calf went under the dam wire, fell in the dam, then her dam went nuts, alerting you to the dam near catastrophe. Then you had a dam hard time getting the calf out of the dam while her dam was dam excited and dam near fell in the dam herself. Now the calf is back with her dam and you all are dam tired after the whole dam event?
hahahaha you are a riot!

Beautiful fish, pond and calf! And may I ask if the calf is one of the Bonsmara X Holsteins?

Glad all is well. Looks like a nice calf. Would have been a shame to have it drown. Think she should learn to stay away from the dam dam??
Iso, well reiterated. Lol.

This past summer we had a bred cow who was down by the pond for the first time ever, my brother and I got to witness her take a flying leap into the pond... never saw a such a thing in our lives, wish I would have had a camera, cause there wasn't much else we could do. She looked panicked, good thing she turned out to be a natural. And wouldn't you guess, they shake off like a dog!

Isomade":2vd9txge said:

Had my whole family in stitches tonight! Thanks for the dam laugh!

Thanks all
Jeanne - Simme Valley":bwbd8mlu said:
She looks like she survived OK! good looking heifer.
Koi look good, do you sell them?
No, I don't sell them. Have had some of them in the dam for about 15yrs, they are mostly Ogon's , Doitsu ki + Gin Rins - some good, some bad and some big(those block bricks in the dam are 1,3ft, so that gives you an indication of their size). I had a Koi breeder out sometime back who is very interested in some of them, have been gradually culling the baddies with his guidance.

ANAZAZI":bwbd8mlu said:
Beautiful fish, pond and calf! And may I ask if the calf is one of the Bonsmara X Holsteins?
You are dead on ANAZAZI, she is a Bonsmara X Holstein.

Fire Sweep Ranch":bwbd8mlu said:
Isomade":bwbd8mlu said:

Had my whole family in stitches tonight! Thanks for the dam laugh!
What would we do without him???

So the whole dam saga continues....

This dam tree or rather dam branch broke just missing the dam dam on the right and the dam fence on the left, now my dam friend has my chain saw so I can't get rid of the dam branch yet.
DSC01547.jpg

Then this morning I found this at the dam shed. A dam Puff Adder!!!!
DSC01563.jpg

Just heard a hiss, looked down and there was the dam thing - got a fright of my life I tell you!!!

Latest posts