D6 dozer

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM":vczxdds1 said:
denvermartinfarms":vczxdds1 said:
SmokinM":vczxdds1 said:
Price would be about right here. Don't know how you guys run one for $100. We get that for a skid loader on tracks. Fuel, undercarriage, and just general wear and tear you aren't getting anywhere at that price. With the right operator they will do a pile of work though.
That's a good part of the reason our time in the business is going to be coming to a end. Here you either work cheap enough to keep them running or have them sitting to much.

We get 100$ for a 650 John Deere and a 953 cat loader. 80$ for a backhoe, tracked skid steer or tri axle dump truck.

If you can't make money no point in doing it. Depending on the backhoe that's not to bad probably only $5-10 dollars off and about right on a tri-axle. Nobody here does much with steel tracked equipment for less than $125 and most stuff is $150+. Cattle are more fun anyway- believe me if I had enough to live on that would be where I made my living.
Right. And I'm not saying you can't make any money here in the business, but if your just trying to do lots of little jobs here and there with some down time mixed in, it's not to good.

Almost 2 years ago I thought we were done and then one person has kept some things going on for dad and sometimes both of us since. I would say there's maybe another 6 months to a year of that and then we will end it.

Latest posts