Cutlery corner

Help Support CattleToday:

No but looks interesting. Foreign manufacturers have replaced high quality American made knives of yesteryear. I collect Case. The quality has deteriorated with today's high cost of craftsmanship.

Caustic Burno":1p0ubqn6 said:
skyhightree1":1p0ubqn6 said:
Does or has anyone ever ordered from them? Is there stuff decent quality?
http://www.cutlerycorner.net
If it doesn't have Case on it I don't carry it. IMO the most important tool I carry is a quality pocket knife.

CB. After some checking, there are still some high quality knives made in the US. Buck. Emerson and others. The name Case is special, but their quality is not nearly what it was. Gerber, Emerson, Buck, etc. are better steel and craftsmanship. I love my collection of Case knives but I carry a Gerber. And I have found nothing to compare with an Emerson.

Here's the one I've been carrying the past few weeks. I've had it a few years but frequently swap out what I carry. Ron, you have to like this one. I have several case knives and I think this is my favorite. Nothing loose about it. Even though it's stainless, sharpens easily. I need to buy a couple more of them before they become obsolete.

ga.prime":j24d3312 said:
Here's the one I've been carrying the past few weeks. I've had it a few years but frequently swap out what I carry. Ron, you have to like this one. I have several case knives and I think this is my favorite. Nothing loose about it. Even though it's stainless, sharpens easily. I need to buy a couple more of them before they become obsolete.

Oh boy. You got me here. Not going to buy two more like that. It is already obsolete. Wish I had my Case books here. That is a bone handle. Very unique style. Pre-dot. Only one X on the blade. But Tested double XX on the back. I don't have that one in my collection. :tiphat:

Dang, sorry to hear they're obsolete already. I'll check around this week, maybe there's a hardware store around still holding one. You're probably right about not finding one, but maybe I'll get lucky. It's a great knife. :D

ga.prime":145f7qrn said:
Dang, sorry to hear they're obsolete already. I'll check around this week, maybe there's a hardware store around still holding one. You're probably right about not finding one, but maybe I'll get lucky. It's a great knife. :D

Buy two. I want one. ;-)

ga.prime":3asxxh4w said:

Do you know the pattern number for the Russlock? The handle looks like jigged bone. Not listed in three Case Collector's books. For example, Trapper pattern is 54. The Russlock knives on the web sites look like Case imitations.

Caustic Burno":37e9gs07 said:
ga.prime":37e9gs07 said:
Ron, maybe this stamped on blade-

USA
61953 L
SS
The first number is the handle material
Second number of blades
The next are the pattern
The letter the year date code

Thanks CB. 953 is the pattern. My book indexes case knives based on the pattern.

I have some good knives but I don't carry them....right now I have a cheap three blade in my front pocket and a cheap SOG folder clip on in my back pocket...I eat with the three blade and the SOG is easy and quick for most other stuff...if either one gets lost no big deal. I have two other similar knives in my work pants at home....one of those is an electricians knife that has a cutting blade and a screwdriver blade...handy...