CT Members in Illinois

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
It looks like the Illinois politicians are bent on banning just about every kind of semi-automatic firearm made. Rifle and handguns. If there ever was a time to step up it is now. I don't live there but if it passes in Illinois other politicians in other states might get brave and try it in their own state. I see where a bill was introduced in the Illinois legislature today to ban the sale of semi-automatic firearms in the state. If you own one now you will get to keep it (for now) but you can never sell or transfer it and it will have to be registered. You can only fire it at a range certified for semi-auto's. Good luck.

HOSS":8ngoximb said:
It looks like the Illinois politicians are bent on banning just about every kind of semi-automatic firearm made. Rifle and handguns. If there ever was a time to step up it is now. I don't live there but if it passes in Illinois other politicians in other states might get brave and try it in their own state. I see where a bill was introduced in the Illinois legislature today to ban the sale of semi-automatic firearms in the state. If you own one now you will get to keep it (for now) but you can never sell or transfer it and it will have to be registered. You can only fire it at a range certified for semi-auto's. Good luck.

Gonna' be a lot of firearms under the straw in the barn if this happens

Been there

Bez

Bez aint ever wrong.

Those garbage sale guns you picked up back in the day are valuable. No way to trace them to you.

My sympathy for the citizens of that state.

Wow, you think they would realize that their gun laws haven't worked so far and due to rulings within the federal court system regarding their laws on gun control that this is just dumb.

Brute 23":2kqultio said:
Your sure you could keep them? One of the states, thought it was Illinois, has it written where you had to turn them in to local law enforcement.

How many of you are really going to do that?

Wait - none of us really need to know!

I know what I did some years back and almost all of my neighbours as well.

Amazing what the guerrilla tactics from firearms owners groups did up here to ruin their system.

It worked so well that the feds cancelled that law this past year

All of us Canadians are truly law-a-biding. Trust me!

Just saying

Bez

snake67":1rvn4sjr said:
Brute 23":1rvn4sjr said:
Your sure you could keep them? One of the states, thought it was Illinois, has it written where you had to turn them in to local law enforcement.

How many of you are really going to do that?

Wait - none of us really need to know!

I know what I did some years back and almost all of my neighbours as well.

Amazing what the guerrilla tactics from firearms owners groups did up here to ruin their system.

It worked so well that the feds cancelled that law this past year

All of us Canadians are truly law-a-biding. Trust me!

Just saying

Bez
What law was that?