crumbles

Help Support CattleToday:

oldshep

Reaction score
What is the ratio to mix in feed.
Say per 100lbs. of feed. per 1000lb cow.
Max dose only please

using Purina brand ctc-4 gm etts

thank in advance

Oldshep

Is this for prevention or treatment? And how many pounds of this total feed mixture per day are you planning on feeding to the cows?

Bull has snotty nose and cough. (so treatment for him) prevention for rest. All weigh around 1000lbs. and currently feed about 10lb each per day

Don't mean to be unkind; however,

doesn't the item you plan to mix with your feed have any instructions on the packaging as to dosage, mixing ratios, etc.? I've never seen any product that was in an original package that did not have instructions for use. ;-)

oldshep":f9fbvqwb said:
Bull has snotty nose and cough. (so treatment for him) prevention for rest. All weigh around 1000lbs. and currently feed about 10lb each per day

Treatment for #1000 cattle is 2.5 pounds of 4 gram ctc per head for 4 days.

prevention for #1000 cattle is 2 ounces of 4 gram ctc per head per day.

Without knowing the number of head the 1000 pounds of feed will be fed to I can't tell you how much ctc to put in the total ration. If you are only going for treatment only I would recommend top dressing the ctc anyway. I would also recommend 10 gram next time instead of 4 gram.

Arrow must have grabbed only bag without complete tag. Can't make out instructions. As you see first post was well into night and feed mill closed till monday.

Somn thank you for help! I will top dress per your script...

Thanks

Latest posts