Cross check

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
http://nbc-9781622.people.msnbc.com/_ne ... was-stolen

Any one familiar with this seems there is a way to check voting list for registered voters with same name in two different states.
Not trying to take sides here just wondering what everyone thinks. The information and illustration in the article looks like voters had first name and different middle names and were removed. Is this the way that democracy has become in the United States and was this the way that it was intended.

By Greg Palast...of course. He's been making a fortune for several years writing books and making "documentaries" as well as making guest spots on different TV and radio programs. He was on Coast to Coast AM one time--the old boogieman & space invaders program Art Bell used to host. They had a lady that said she saw Mothman on right after he was.

TennesseeTuxedo":2lmxcvhb said:
Glad you're not taking sides Hurley, I am and mine won, overwhelmingly.

No I am not taking sides just asking a question about crosscheck. Several states tried it and found that a there were a lot of problems with it. Also if President Elect Trump Makes America Great Again both you and I should do okay. If not then both of us suffers. I will try to do my best to advance and Make America Great Again. I really try to post something of interest and yes I have lost several times in my life you cannot have a winning hand all of the time. We really need the 45% tariff I am setting at a computer that was made in China. I paid about $1100 would like to have paid $1595 for it. Now who would have really paid the tariff me or China. China buys 85% of the soybeans exported to China will they retaliate. These are questions that were not answered in either Candidates run for President. I really hope you the best in the coming years.

hurleyjd":31pzp85m said:
China buys 85% of the soybeans exported to China will they retaliate.

Three things are certain in life.... death, taxes, and retaliation. It's what humans do. Even if it means starving your country. Ego and pride are more powerful by a long shot than compassion and logic.

Most historical events, good or evil, did not happen by "being reasonable".

hurleyjd":2xbtiwn0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xbtiwn0 said:
Glad you're not taking sides Hurley, I am and mine won, overwhelmingly.

No I am not taking sides just asking a question about crosscheck. Several states tried it and found that a there were a lot of problems with it. Also if President Elect Trump Makes America Great Again both you and I should do okay. If not then both of us suffers. I will try to do my best to advance and Make America Great Again. I really try to post something of interest and yes I have lost several times in my life you cannot have a winning hand all of the time. We really need the 45% tariff I am setting at a computer that was made in China. I paid about $1100 would like to have paid $1595 for it. Now who would have really paid the tariff me or China. China buys 85% of the soybeans exported to China will they retaliate. These are questions that were not answered in either Candidates run for President. I really hope you the best in the coming years.

I can live without a computer, can the Chinese can't live without food?

The Chinese were livin long before we (or computers) came to be.
They, for centuries, have always taken a very long view of things. Still do.
They can do more and live longer, and fight harder on a few grains of rice and a dead chicken or a really ugly fish than any culture on Earth.

greybeard":2symt2kd said:
The Chinese were livin long before we (or computers) came to be.
They, for centuries, have always taken a very long view of things. Still do.
They can do more and live longer, and fight harder on a few grains of rice and a dead chicken or a really ugly fish than any culture on Earth.

The Japs would tend to disagree.

True Grit Farms":1b1ifzlm said:

They will make their food or buy it elsewhere - absolutely no doubt about it.

What did Russia do they shut the chicken imports from the US several times. I think they did when the sanctions were put in place after the Ukraine invasion.

angus9259":nlqvcvk1 said:
True Grit Farms":nlqvcvk1 said:

They will make their food or buy it elsewhere - absolutely no doubt about it.

China is an export economy and we happen to be their largest consumer. The United States imports over twice as much stuff from China than any other country in the world. China needs our money to survive, the United States need nothing from China to survive. It will be tough for awhile since our government sold us out to the Chinese. The high price of doing business here and the EPA, over regulations cost the United States tremendously.

We are the top single destination for Chinese exports. In all, we import only 18% of Chinese total exports.
The top export destinations of China are the United States ($432B)
China buys 8.8% of our total exports.
The top import country of origins of China are South Korea ($142B), the United States ($134B),
They won't be as rich without us as they are with us, but they can get along without us.

True Grit Farms":12aiq9ym said:
China needs our money to survive, the United States need nothing from China to survive.

Any actual data to back up the first part? Seems odd that our biggest creditor - ie the people we get OUR money from you think needs OUR money to survive when they have been buying our debt with their money for quite some time.

The second part is true - but, as you mentioned - it'll hurt like he11 while we adjust from buying at Walmart.

angus9259":1y27e933 said:
True Grit Farms":1y27e933 said:
China needs our money to survive, the United States need nothing from China to survive.

Any actual data to back up the first part? Seems odd that our biggest creditor - ie the people we get OUR money from you think needs OUR money to survive when they have been buying our debt with their money for quite some time.

The second part is true - but, as you mentioned - it'll hurt like be nice while we adjust from buying at Walmart.

Well China is just a bunch of good guy's in a great country that loans another country trillions of dollars. I'm not nieve enough to believe that myself. For years our elected officials have acted and thought just like you. And when your in business, which trade between countries is, if your largest customer quits buying your products your in trouble. Look at Target and K-Mart, and when it gets real bad Sports Authority. Pizz your core buyers off and your done in business.

True Grit Farms":1r1674eb said:
angus9259":1r1674eb said:
True Grit Farms":1r1674eb said:

The second part is true - but, as you mentioned - it'll hurt like be nice while we adjust from buying at Walmart.

Well China is just a bunch of good guy's in a great country that loans another country trillions of dollars. I'm not nieve enough to believe that myself. For years our elected officials have acted and thought just like you. And when your in business, which trade between countries is, if your largest customer quits buying your products your in trouble. Look at Target and K-Mart, and when it gets real bad Sports Authority. Pizz your core buyers off and your done in business.

So no actual data then - just your comparison of a nation with 1.375 billion people with K-mart. Fair enough.

So, they are Kmart - we quit buying from them and they are sunk. What is the US in this analogy? If they quit buying from us and we are not sunk even though they are our largest customer.

I believe that we are both hurt in a trade war. Doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do, but - to your original post - china would be hurt but does not need our money to survive. I guess I"m not naive enough to believe that - unless you have data.

China has already weighed in on this...
...China's state-run newspaper, the Global Times, has taken issue with Trump pledge to rein in China with respect to trade in an effort to revive the Unites States' manufacturing business. In an editorial, the paper openly criticized the President-elect, stating that his currency manipulation accusations could mean that "China's reputation will be affected, and the trade atmosphere between China and the US will become more tense."

The proposed 45 percent tariff on Chinese imports is even greater than the 35 percent tariff that was enacted shortly after President Barack Obama first took office. That trade war didn't last, however, after both countries found it mutually beneficial to call a truce.

The paper goes on to state that China will be forced to cut off local sales of some of America's hottest exports if these tariffs were to be enacted. In fact, China is willing to use the "nuclear option" with regards to trade. "China will take a tit-for-tat approach then. A batch of Boeing orders will be replaced by Airbus," writes the paper. "US auto and iPhone sales in China will suffer a setback, and US soybean and maize imports will be halted. China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the US."

Read more at http://hothardware.com/news/china-threa ... gi4ETmq.99

I don't really see how that 'student' part would be a negative tho..

Our trade deficit with China is only $365. Billion dollars annually. So if the Chinese go tit- for- tat that should be good for 365 million new jobs in this country.
The Chinese might be able to bluff our new president, but I'm not going to bet against the US of A myself.

This has got a long way from cross check. I want to add this information for discussion. Our congress has passed an action barring Boeing from selling air liners to Iran to improve their air line fleet. If Boeing does not sell the planes then where will Iran go for planes. There are a lot of jobs hinged on supporting Boeing aircraft after a sale. I would rather have an enemy depending on me than one that did not.