Crop tour

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
We took some photos a couple weks ago of our crops. We are not farmers, but decided to hire a neighbor to do some for us. I think they look pretty good. What do you all think?

Oh, don't look at the camera date, it is only off by a few years :)

Silage corn and Dad

Silage corn and Mom

Sunflowers and Dad

Flower

Sunflower field and trees

Corn looks good. Ought to make some good feed. We had 60 acres at home that ended up getting chopped because of pollination issues during that long heat spell.

Where I am at in Mississippi the crop looks pretty good. We are well underway with harvest of corn, milo, and beans.

Both crops really look good. Somebody did a good job of farming.

Does anyone have what the going price is on chopped silage going for in your area this year?

cowtex":lb67q43b said:

Does anyone have what the going price is on chopped silage going for in your area this year?

Just talked to our guy the other night, they are charging $600/hour for 1 chopper and 2 trucks, plus fuel for the chopper. Then any additional truck is another $100/hour.

BRG":1k3ofnoq said:
cowtex":1k3ofnoq said:

Just talked to our guy the other night, they are charging $600/hour for 1 chopper and 2 trucks, plus fuel for the chopper. Then any additional truck is another $100/hour.

That sounds about right, our friend has his custom silaging company in your area now. We had our barley for the dairy custom silaged all the time, and for 360 acres it was usually around 12,000 and that was for cutting ,1 chopper and 3 trucks . We packed .

Best of luck with harvesting, crops look good . :tiphat:

cowtex":1wkn0wff said:

You talking about what it would cost to get it cut for your own use or what you could sell it to someone for standing in the field?

cowtex":canrq4hd said:

9 times the price of a bushel of corn per ton wet.

I'm thinking the farmers who sold their corn for silage down here were paid $45 a ton. Buyer then paid for all chopping, hauling, packing.

Yes, Texas Brand that was what I was interested in if I wanted to buy or contract with a farmer to buy their chopped corn, what it would cost to have it delivered in N Texas to store?

Latest posts