Critique my calves......

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I was checking cows last night and took a few pics with my cell phone of a few of my calves. I really like one bull calf in particular so I took a side view and a rear view. He is really showing muscle for a 3 week old. All the calves pictured are 1 month old or less. Tell me what you think. All the calves are out of commercial calves sired by a King Rob son red angus bull.

Bull calf
0501081939.jpg

Bull calf rear
0501081942a.jpg

Heifer calf

0501081943b.jpg

Heifer calf
0501081943.jpg

Bull calf
0501081944.jpg

Heifer calf
0501081941.jpg

HOSS":2ip0r56r said:
I was checking cows last night and took a few pics with my cell phone of a few of my calves. I really like one bull calf in particular so I took a side view and a rear view. He is really showing muscle for a 3 week old. All the calves pictured are 1 month old or less. Tell me what you think. All the calves are out of commercial calves sired by a King Rob son red angus bull.

Look like some good looking calves to me. You are right, that bull calf is showing good muscle expression early on. He'll be a whaleuvacalf come fall.

TexasBred":32das9f2 said:
I'll take your word they're a month old. I'd have guessed they weighed 200 lbs. or more. Very nice.

We started calving 3/2 or 3/3 and finished up yesterday with one lone hanger-on heifer. Glad to be finished.
The oldest of the pictured group is the dark color (red changing to black) heifer. She was born on 3/28 so she is a little over a month old. The rest were born later. The bull calf with the nice muscling was born on 4/9 which also is my brothers b-day so it is easy to remember. He was born from one of my favorite cows and weighed 79 pounds at birth.You can see her in the back ground on the pic of the light red heifer. This is her second calf....both bulls. Her bull calf last year weaned at 597 lbs. at 180 days on no creep. Just milk, grass and the occaisional taming grain. Her half sister has had 2 heifer calves that also performed very well. I retain hers.