Creep feeding using protein licks?

Help Support CattleToday:

JSCATTLE":sxzletea said:
TexasBred":sxzletea said:
JSCATTLE":sxzletea said:
I don't see how creep pencils out .. by the time the coons and possums get their part the calves don't get much .. I use the pvm tubs from mid August to December .. just to make the cows eat the tough bahia grass.
JS put that creep out and I'll send you some coon and possum recipes. :lol: :lol: :hide:
I wish they were worth the money that we got for them when I was a kid .. I'd clean every coon in 3 county's for 15 to 20 bucks a piece ..

I remember that. The best I ever got was $26.00 for one. That was a lot of money 35 years ago.

Rafter S":3uzxtw9u said:
JSCATTLE":3uzxtw9u said:
TexasBred":3uzxtw9u said:
JS put that creep out and I'll send you some coon and possum recipes. :lol: :lol: :hide:
I wish they were worth the money that we got for them when I was a kid .. I'd clean every coon in 3 county's for 15 to 20 bucks a piece ..

I remember that. The best I ever got was $26.00 for one. That was a lot of money 35 years ago.
Yep . My dad make 8 Bucks a. Hour as a Carpenter back then .. he brought home 3 Times that coon hunting on the weekends.. Peta ruined it .. now coons are thick ..

JSCATTLE":287gfgrn said:
Rafter S":287gfgrn said:
JSCATTLE":287gfgrn said:

Yep . My dad make 8 Bucks a. Hour as a Carpenter back then .. he brought home 3 Times that coon hunting on the weekends.. Peta ruined it .. now coons are thick ..

Was peta to blame for that ending? I always assumed that hides were so high because of some fashion fad, and then dropped when the fad died.