Creep feeders.

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a Priefert creep feeder just like the one pictured. It works really well. I am pleased with mine. Only problem is a few cows like to hang around and get the feed that the calves knock out. I am going to have mine moved to where they cannot get to it.

I use Cattle charge for my calves. A lot of people aren't a fan of it just because of the price......but I am believer in it.

I have one like it. It works good, but the cows/bulls will turn it over from time to time once they learn how to get a free meal. I had a calf one time that got to big to go through the hole and she would jump the side to get in, fill up and then jump back out. Heck of a sight to see her in there all doubled up, but she could do it.

I have one sort of like it--not Preifert tho. They're all made along the same design, just some better made than others.
Drive some tee posts down good and tie it down to keep the mature ones from turning it over but be prepared that they might damage it still, trying to get it flipped on it's side. Bulls are the worst, but the mommas will try to get in it too. If you don't tie it down and even if they can't flip it, you may find it a long way from where you last saw it next time you go lookin for it.

greybeard":f08eb9mh said:
I have one sort of like it--not Preifert tho. They're all made along the same design, just some better made than others.
Drive some tee posts down good and tie it down to keep the mature ones from turning it over but be prepared that they might damage it still, trying to get it flipped on it's side. Bulls are the worst, but the mommas will try to get in it too. If you don't tie it down and even if they can't flip it, you may find it a long way from where you last saw it next time you go lookin for it.
:lol: Will do thnx Greybeard.

Latest posts