Creep feeder gate

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I have searched for information on how to build a creep feeder gate out of wood and can't find any. My father used to build them, but I can't remember what the dimensions of the holes are. I remember the holes were adjustable to the size of calf, the bottom was wider than the top, the dimensions have to be small enough so the cows can not squeeze through. This was back in the 1950's when everything was built out of wood now everything is pipe. I don't weld so I want to use wood. Any old timers rember doing this. :cboy:

cowboy43":3q7ianwm said:
I have searched for information on how to build a creep feeder gate out of wood and can't find any. My father used to build them, but I can't remember what the dimensions of the holes are. I remember the holes were adjustable to the size of calf, the bottom was wider than the top, the dimensions have to be small enough so the cows can not squeeze through. This was back in the 1950's when everything was built out of wood now everything is pipe. I don't weld so I want to use wood. Any old timers rember doing this. :cboy:

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_i1MZQSB44

I know this video shows a pipe example, but it is very detailed and you can see the mechanism working clearly. Should give you a good idea :)

Latest posts