Creekstone, First With Tender Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Creekstone Farms® Earns the Industry's First USDA Process Verification for Tender Beef
Arkansas City, KS — Creekstone Farms Premium Beef LLC, the privately held producer and processor of Creekstone Farms® Natural Black Angus Beef™ and Premium Black Angus Beef™, is the first beef processor in the nation to receive USDA Process Verification for Tender Beef .

"Consumer research has always identified tenderness as the most important attribute of premium beef," said Brian Brucker, Creekstone Farms' Sr. VP of Sales. "We've always made tenderness a priority. This program makes it official with reliable data and USDA verification."

In order to qualify for USDA Process Verification for Tender Beef, Creekstone Farms went through a rigorous application process, which included having the USDA verify documentation of several production practices including:

1. "A" Maturity, or Less than 30 months
2. Cold shortening prevention through ES to enhance tenderness
3. Ongoing shear-force testing, a mechanical tenderness measurement analysis, to monitor the tenderness and palatability of the product

Nolan's been selling it for 10 years, just not "certified".

mtnman

Right, frankie.

Money back, in fact.

I haven't seen anything on it lately, but a few years ago, he had sold something like 2 million pounds, and not one person complained.

Nice example, considering how tough those hump cattle are 'supposed" to be.

mtnman

mtnman":aiefkyfs said:
Right, frankie.

Money back, in fact.

I haven't seen anything on it lately, but a few years ago, he had sold something like 2 million pounds, and not one person complained.

Nice example, considering how tough those hump cattle are 'supposed" to be.

mtnman

Sorry to bust your bubble. We heard the president of Nolan Ryan beef speak a few years ago and, shock! it's no different than CAB. The cattle aren't all owned by Nolan Ryan! If it meets the criteria, it's sold as Nolan Ryan. Can you believe that? Talk about a rip off, false advertising! :p It doesn't even have to be brahman influenced. At that time, they were leasing one packing plant for several hours a week and looking for another to increase their pounds produced. They killed all kinds of cattle. If they graded Choice or better, they sold them on the open market. If they graded Select, they went through three processes to tenderize them and sell them as Nolan Ryan Beef. I'd be interested to know if they've changed their procedures since then.

Frankie":1y4qq2z4 said:
mtnman":1y4qq2z4 said:
Nolan's been selling it for 10 years, just not "certified".

mtnman

I think Nolan's is "guaranteed" tender.

Nolan Ryan's Tender Aged Beef (NRTAB) became the first all-natural lean and tender product certified by USDA. NRTAB will have its product line in all 125 supermarkets of the Texas-based Randalls Food Stores in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston - four of five major Texas population centers.

Latest posts