Credit card hackers

Help Support CattleToday:

What most don't realize is every time you swipe that card the business your buying from pays about 2.5% of that purchase for them to handle the transaction. Also the high interest rates alot of people pay. I. Other words they have the loss covered right or wrong. More and more places are going to add a surcharge of 2.5 to 4% small business is tired of losing profit.

M-5":kmedth2b said:
What most don't realize is every time you swipe that card the business your buying from pays about 2.5% of that purchase for them to handle the transaction. Also the high interest rates alot of people pay. I. Other words they have the loss covered right or wrong. More and more places are going to add a surcharge of 2.5 to 4% small business is tired of losing profit.

Years ago, paying for an item with a credit card, cost extra as a matter of practice. Didn't matter if it was gasoline, new clothes, hardware, etc., credit card purchases where charged an extra percentage. It was always less costly to pay cash. The reason being, as you have stated, that the vendor/seller had to pay the credit card co. extra and that cost was passed along to the customer.

I travel a lot and use a cc for everything.
My card as they say had been compromised more times than I can remember.
It seems most times it's through a 3rd party such as rewards type programs such as hotels, fuel and etc where the card is stored on file.
No way I'd ever use a debit card.
If my card is hacked I don't have to pay it and can dispute it.
Debit I have to fight to get my money back.

I have ordered flowers twice using a credit card on the funeral home site both times the card was used again for purchases I didn't make. They had to send me a new card, the good news is we caught it pretty quick. I am beginning to think ordering flowers for a funeral online is not very secure.

gizmom

That, is something I do not do. Use my card on the internet.
(Yes, I fully realize my data from a point of purchase retailer is streamed over much of the same backbones the internet uses)

There has been a rash of skimmers installed on the gas pumps along and adjacent to I-30. These are hard to detect. Most pumps now have a seal that has to be broken to get inside to install the skimmer. It is nothing more than a tape that is placed over the door overlap and the body of the pump.

Craig Miller":3pk5e96z said:
That's all I use is a debit card. My bank has always backed me when I've had trouble. I don't even have a credit card. I had three at one time and got in a bind. Won't ever have them again.
I am the opposite. I won't use a DC, but use a CC for everything. I like the float, and I like the cash back from the CC.

hurleyjd":2t0yyafc said:
There has been a rash of skimmers installed on the gas pumps along and adjacent to I-30. These are hard to detect. Most pumps now have a seal that has to be broken to get inside to install the skimmer. It is nothing more than a tape that is placed over the door overlap and the body of the pump.
They just had a piece on that on the morning news. I mean jimmyiny Christmas
If these people are smart enough and willing to put in the effort to do shyt like this . why don't they just get a job.

callmefence":329213ym said:
hurleyjd":329213ym said:
If these people are smart enough and willing to put in the effort to do shyt like this . why don't they just get a job.

they make what you and I do in a week or 2 in a matter of minutes

M-5":1znsz2gw said:
callmefence":1znsz2gw said:
hurleyjd":1znsz2gw said:

they make what you and I do in a week or 2 in a matter of minutes

Several months ago here in Sulfur Springs TX they caught two of the criminals. They were Russian here on a visa.

hurleyjd":3fec9317 said:

That tape is broke on almost every pump. I try out stop at loves when I travel. They keep an eye not heir pumps he best I think because I see good tape on themy normally

One station I like to go to is right up the road from my house. They have three pumps. Two have regular 87 and one has 100% gas 87. It's the older dial numbers. The nozzle hangs on the side and you rotate the handle up to start it. Then you have to go inside to pay AFTER you pump. Yea they still put some trust in you. They also have a highway diesel pump on the side that you have to manually re zero and then it works like the others. When you go inside to pay for it you have to tell them how much you got because it's not even linked inside. They don't even know your pumping it.

I bought diesel at an Am/Pm with my card in Puyallup Wa., 5 minutes later it was being used in Spokane Wa. for $5.78.

15 minutes later $1875.00 worth of pizza in Louisville Ky. and $900.00 at Toys are Us.

The credit card co. covered everything!

Latest posts