Crazy Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

nap

Reaction score
This has been quite a week in Southern Arkansas. On Monday we had snow and ice. It took me a half hour to break into my truck through the ice. Tuesday through Thursday the fog was so thick you couldn't see 100 feet in front of you and it stayed right at the freezing mark. I woke up this morning (Friday) at 5:30 a.m. and the temperature was 68. Go figure.

Went to bed Sunday night and it was in the seventies. Woke up Monday morning and it was in the twenties. Never got above freezing Tuesday and rained for the past two days. I am seeing the sun for the first time to day since last Sunday. It is great to finally see it. I was about ready to mildew.

Lammie":1j5um8ev said:
Went to bed Sunday night and it was in the seventies. Woke up Monday morning and it was in the twenties. Never got above freezing Tuesday and rained for the past two days. I am seeing the sun for the first time to day since last Sunday. It is great to finally see it. I was about ready to mildew.
a few of us kid were camping on a mountain, one night years ago. was wearing a t shirt and jeans that was it... woke up the next morning snowed in and stranded no warning . lucky there was a pile of womens clothes in a old house nearby found a fur coat. and had too hike down the mountain.. took alot of flack for the coat, but it was worth it :lol2:

alacattleman":2y49upqz said:
Lammie":2y49upqz said:
a few of us kid were camping on a mountain, one night years ago. was wearing a t shirt and jeans that was it... woke up the next morning snowed in and stranded no warning . lucky there was a pile of womens clothes in a old house nearby found a fur coat. and had too hike down the mountain.. took alot of flack for the coat, but it was worth it :lol2:

Pictures, please!

the texas weather has been the same cold monday though wed an real foggy.thurs through sat real warm in the 70s.sat nite going back down to freezing.supposed to warm up for christmas.

Lammie":3byh5w1g said:
alacattleman":3byh5w1g said:
Lammie":3byh5w1g said:

Pictures, please!
luckly they aint none,even if there was, they would have been destroyed.. or maybe a body found floatin' in the river ;-)

No, I can sorta relate. My ex husband was diving from Texas to California, I think. Warm weather when they left. They figured they were headed to a warm state, so they didn't plan much. They were probably stoned out of their minds when they left, too, but that's another story... Anyway, they got out in the middle of New Mexico and there was a blizzard and they thought they were going to freeze to death. Got stranded on the road with nothing. They ended up getting rescued but it scared my ex so he always kept blankets and supplies in the car in winter after that.

Well, the foot of snow has turned into more like a foot and a half...
BigSnow2008.jpg

This is son in law, neighbor kids and grand kid playing in the white stuff.... He had been pulling them on sleds but too much snow to get up the driveway (kinda steep) so they all ended up on the machine with him.