Crayons

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Looks like a box of crayons in the middle pasture.
This is what you should not do. Only 97 here today.

Caustic006-1.jpg
[/img]

Well at least you have what ever the market wants! and they are all the same color once the hide is removed :) Donna

Now there’s a real reason to cull or at least stick with one bull.
I got some left over color too, but not that bad. :)

And I would give you my left arm for that grass.
SL

Sir Loin":1a6hzmmv said:
Now there’s a real reason to cull or at least stick with one bull.
I got some left over color too, but not that bad. :)

And I would give you my left arm for that grass.
SL

Well most of these girls are old but still producing with a good Hereford on them, the west pasture is full of crayons as well, with a pallet head bull. The east pasture is all consistant red white face cows.

All joking aside, black is where it’s at, for right now,
but there is still, and always will be, a market for other colors.
I give it another 5 to 10 years and the public will be
screaming for less expensive beef again
and things will go back to were they were
5 to 10 years ago.

As the old saying goes: “what comes around, goes around”.
SL

Texas Ranch Man":syc5x77h said:
Appears to be some Bhraman influence in those cows.

You can tell that by the pasture. Notice how they ate the weeds first. :lol:

Very well taken care of. A lot of people think only their hay meadow should look like that.

Nice pasture and country there! I need to get out and see more of Texas, I was expecting dry, tumbleweed and cactus's everywhere. When I think of Texas I do not think of such plush green pastures.

aplusmnt":1voqerw7 said:
Nice pasture and country there! I need to get out and see more of Texas, I was expecting dry, tumbleweed and cactus's everywhere. When I think of Texas I do not think of such plush green pastures.

You could have seen what you expected last year.

aplusmnt":3lvk73o6 said:

There's plenty of cactus and tumbleweed in WEST Texas. It's a big state with lots of variety.

novatech":lz1m736p said:
aplusmnt":lz1m736p said:

You could have seen what you expected last year.

Well, almost. Last year the cactus died.

Very nice pic.! From what I can see, that is a fine example of excellent pasture management. Either that or those gals really did eat the weeds first :lol: . I'm glad to see someone has some green grass.

Katherine

Latest posts