Crayons

Help Support CattleToday:

If you don't mind a question from a newbie, what type of grass do you have in your pasture? It looks great!

whats not to do?
i see cows that perform. check.
step 2: place grass in front of cows--check.
step 3: place bull behind cows: hay, wait a minute...

who needs uniform cows to get uniform calves?

CowpokeJ":3scunbz2 said:
How long did it take to get your grass like that and what do you do to keep it that way?

It kind of looks like a nice fairway on a golf course, I bet there is a 15th hole around them trees. He just runs the cattle on it when there is no golfers. Probably uses one of them fancy finish mowers to mow it. :lol:

Seriously though, Caustic by his own claim is a grass farmer than runs cattle looks like he does a pretty good job at both, especially for a Hobby guy :lol:

CowpokeJ":1tbadx7y said:
How long did it take to get your grass like that and what do you do to keep it that way?

Really didn't take all that long a few years bat wing it every year, spot spray with 2-4-D. It takes 35 calves to pay the fuel and fertilizer bill here every year. You have to put back can't just take. And I don't overgraze.

What a change to see grass like that in Texas this time of year! We just had another inch of rain last night, and it's the middle of June! HEAVEN! I've been shredding pastures like a mania.

Beautiful place Caustic! Do you have any deer in those woods?

TheBullLady":23s9k9ht said:
What a change to see grass like that in Texas this time of year! We just had another inch of rain last night, and it's the middle of June! HEAVEN! I've been shredding pastures like a mania.

Beautiful place Caustic! Do you have any deer in those woods?

Lots of deer here. Rains everyday but that is not unuasal here.

Latest posts