Cracker Barrel

Help Support CattleToday:

Cracker Barrel doesn't have the best food, but they are definitely consistent. I like the smell of the store best myself. I don't know if you ever noticed but most Cracker Barrel's the men's room is on the left. The one in Palm Coast the men's room is on thr right. My dad had to go bad and he uses a walker to get around. So he turned left and went right on in did his thing and a lady was freshening up in front of the mirrors on the way in and out. When he got to the table he told us there was women using the mens room.

slick4591":1c0o2b37 said:
Not if you ate at the one closest to me. Others are good but the one in Greenville sucks.

I agree with Vince. Most are consistent. I have had a couple bad ones. But most of the time, you know what you are getting.

I worked at the Cracker Barrel they built in Staunton, Va when it was the "furthest north store". Course that isn't true anymore. Yes they are consistent. They do smell good and the store does "catch" alot of people and has some nice, if expensive stuff. Great sales if you can catch them....
Their breakfast is probably the better of their meals, at least the one here is. But they do give you decent portions, and for traveling, they aren't bad. I like Subway for sandwiches, and Arby's for the roast beef rather than get "burgers". We try to find a "diner" when we travel up north to family, and have a few that we have patronized over the years. But when out of the area, like for work or something, often I will try a Pantera. I do like McAllisters, for their "combinations" that you can get like a 1/2 baked potato and 1/2 sandwich, or 1/2 salad & 1/2 baked pot and they will load the pot up with whatever you want. Their iced tea is pretty good and I get 1/2 sweet tea and 1/2 lemonade. They do a tremendous business everytime I have been in them.

food is gross, and the pancake syrup is disgusting.

parents used to stop at those when i was younger.. yuck

slick4591":1pats93f said:
Not if you ate at the one closest to me. Others are good but the one in Greenville sucks.
I've seen it here..one of our best is in Athens ..I know that all their foods has the same ingredients and cooking process...but no doubt its management..but this is hitting all the ones in a short radius,,, but I don't pass any of em when I'm hungry..Chicken and rice,,meat loaf..I don't have a problem :cowboy:

They're ok..just. I try to avoid them at peak hrs tho...especially on Sunday at lunch time. Service can be very slow then.
I asked about one of their 'antiques' hanging from the wall once.........the employee said 'anything you see on the walls here is for sale".

Pseudo country store. Chinese made "stuff". Great location. Food is non ethnic. Never had a good cup of coffee there. Good and safe bathroom stop. I do not prefer the smell. What it is.

On the road we'll mainly just do breakfast and that's normally a good meal, except for the gravy. Anyone else not like their gravy?

M-5":2w5uf5q9 said:
ddd75":2w5uf5q9 said:

Maybe they were trying to correct your bad attitude.

sorry the truth hurts your feelings. :frowns:

slick4591":3r0lfwnt said:
On the road we'll mainly just do breakfast and that's normally a good meal, except for the gravy. Anyone else not like their gravy?

That is what I like. Dad called it "wallpaper paste" but bad gravy is better than none. Lol

When I do eat out CB is one of my favorites. I do have a concern every time I go in from looking up and wondering if some of that junk is going to fall and him me on the head. I like it in the winter time when the fireplace is going and for Christmas last year I gave out at least 10 of their gift cards as everybody seem to like that present.

9646816_orig.jpg

I like Uncle Hershel's Breakfast. Two eggs, fried apples, grilled catfish, grits ( butter), biscuits and gravy. I like the one at Mt Sterling, those girls all are wholesome looking and they will bring extras.

ddd75":2bg7n70l said:
M-5":2bg7n70l said:
ddd75":2bg7n70l said:

Maybe they were trying to correct your bad attitude.

sorry the truth hurts your feelings. :frowns:
Apparently it hurt yours too Snuffy. Go practice eating with a knife and fork.

I like the one at Mt Sterling, those girls all are wholesome looking and they will bring extras.

You mean they bring extra girls or extra food?
(how many big ol good uns does a man really need?)