Cows Getting Flu

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2vlgx3hf said:
We're grinding daylight to dark 7 days a week right now trying to get back on schedule after the flu ripped through here.

It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart. I don't get a flu shot. They are announcing that it is not too late. At this point, I am going to hunker down.

callmefence":29tnhbwa said:
We're grinding daylight to dark 7 days a week right now trying to get back on schedule after the flu ripped through here.

Half of Church was missing from about 12-15 to 1-15 seems to be winding down. It was bad this year the Drs office and urgent care facilities were packed.

I'm hearing there's an A and a B strain. Some people are getting both of them. I'm also reading that some the people getting one or both also got the shot. The wife and I don't do those shots so we're pretty much doing a semi-seclusion thing and only getting out around the public if it's a must situation.

slick4591":2pqjiwhl said:
I'm hearing there's an A and a B strain. Some people are getting both of them. I'm also reading that some the people getting one or both also got the shot. The wife and I don't do those shots so we're pretty much doing a semi-seclusion thing and only getting out around the public if it's a must situation.

We had some kind of bronchitis crude that went through here as well.
Wife and I don't do the flu shot either.
Mrs and I did catch that crud and I am convinced it came from one of the little bio-hazards in her Sunday school class.

Their may be a better flue vaccine in the future according to the doctor they had on the news this morning. They have isolated a common component of all flue strains instead of the shotgun approach they've been using to make vaccines.

It has been bad here as well, I had a procedure done this morning and the nurse that put in my IV said the flu season has another 12 weeks. So far no family members have had it but at this point I don't know how we have missed, but hope the trend continues! It is some nasty stuff. Stay safe CT friends!

Gizmom

We had the bronchial/nasal crud here .......back before Thanksgiving.
I took the flu shot not long afterwards and have thus far, stayed healthy.
Business as usual for me. I did eat at Denny's in Jacksonville and Cotton Patch in Palestine Sunday. Will probably come down with anthrax/flu/diphtheria/smallpox all at the same time now.

Bright Raven":83zhnl1f said:
callmefence":83zhnl1f said:

It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart. I don't get a flu shot. They are announcing that it is not too late. At this point, I am going to hunker down.

Ron, I am so surprised you don't get a flu shot, you give your cows every vaccine known to mankind I thought you would apply the same science to yourself.

Kids are disease ridden with school and the high %age of young ones in childcare if something is going around they get it and then bring it home to share with all. If you can keep away from kids you stand a good chance of missing out.

Ken

Bigfoot":wk9x0x8p said:
They say the flu that's going around, was not in the shot.
I have heard this too! Everyone in my family and where I work has had it. Some get it worse that others. I do not usually get sick, but spent 4 days in bed, unable to even stand up, because of it. I had to take various meds to combat it and the symptoms for over 3 weeks. My husband just felt a bit under the weather for about 2 days. My 4 year old daughter has been battling it on and off for a month now. Just gets tired and throws a fever for no reason. This is a kid who, otherwise, has not yet been ill a day in her short life. I can tell you I monitor her health like a hawk these days....

Just went to a funeral yesterday. A former neighbor's daughter. Tried to treat the flu
with OTC drugs. Watched her grow up. 42 years old. I guess her health was not the best anyway.

Bright Raven":1fff83jz said:
It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart.
What does this have to do with Winter Dysentery in cattle or cows getting the flu?

Wearing gloves? phhh bunch of wimps, I lick grocery cart handles to clean before using.

Son of Butch":2gc62zfj said:
Bright Raven":2gc62zfj said:
It is DEADLY serious. I am wearing gloves when I go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart.
What does this have to do with Winter Dysentery in cattle or cows getting the flu?

Wearing gloves? phhh bunch of wimps, I lick grocery cart handles to clean before using.
Yes, but you are known as somewhat of a gambler............

Boot Jack Bulls":3d563pw8 said:
Bigfoot":3d563pw8 said:
They say the flu that's going around, was not in the shot.
I have heard this too! Everyone in my family and where I work has had it. Some get it worse that others. I do not usually get sick, but spent 4 days in bed, unable to even stand up, because of it. I had to take various meds to combat it and the symptoms for over 3 weeks. My husband just felt a bit under the weather for about 2 days. My 4 year old daughter has been battling it on and off for a month now. Just gets tired and throws a fever for no reason. This is a kid who, otherwise, has not yet been ill a day in her short life. I can tell you I monitor her health like a hawk these days....

It has been the flu from he77. Husband and I have been through it, and still dealing with lingering affects. Many days in bed with it, very painful. Its awful! One of the worst flu's I've ever had.

Missed seeing Workinonit at the Va Farm show @ Expo in Fishersville Va and I was glad that she was feeling too ill to come as I sure didn't/don't want it. Sorry that she was sick, and her husband too. I have heard horror stories about how bad everyone has felt from it. I do not want or need it and have had a couple of farms cancel because the help has been sick and such. I tell everyone when I call to schedule, if you are sick I am not coming because I don't need it.
I do not take the flu shots either, and they say this years shots are less than 10% effective against it, and that many have come down with flu like symptoms since getting the shot. No thanks. I do take extra Vit C and Echinacea and Golden seal and vit E. Should take zinc but it turns my stomach..... All are for the immune system.

Latest posts