cow pile spreading

Help Support CattleToday:

I use an old telephone pole I cut in half years ago thats now about 20 feet long. I use the same pole to pull behind my disk when I am disking.

This is how I do it. It has a spreader bar that connects to the Reese hitch on my truck. I try to drag just after a rain because it spreads best then but it sure makes a mess of my truck!

Drag_tires.JPG

I broadcasted clover about three weeks ago on most pastures and broadcast the rest this past Saturday. Is it too late to drag the piles? What if I can't drag them for another two or three weeks, does it matter? Will I hurt the growth of the new clover?

tncattle":19i4naox said:
I broadcasted clover about three weeks ago on most pastures and broadcast the rest this past Saturday. Is it too late to drag the piles? What if I can't drag them for another two or three weeks, does it matter? Will I hurt the growth of the new clover?

As soon as the seed has started to chit then it is very prone to damage. I would not being dragging it now.

Next time you could use a longer chain between the tractor and spreader, and the drag and do the same operation in one pass.

Latest posts