Cow in CRITICAL condition, please HELP!

Help Support CattleToday:

mahesh

Reaction score
Dear Reader,

My cow suddenly fell down 3 days back and the night she fell she was still eating grass but after that day she has just been lying down with her legs stretched and stretching her neck, she did not have any health issues in the past but after that incident her temperature had gone down as low as 98 degree Fahrenheit. Now after the intervention of the vet her temperature is 100.5 degree Fahrenheit but still she has been lying down in the same way. Please advice as I am really worried and it seems she will not make it....

DNS & Glucose has been given by the vet but there is no activity from the cow, its just at times that she moves her legs but nothing more. Please suggest some medicines if possible.

Thanks in advance as you might just save her life...

Medicines already given:
1. glucose 50mg
2. b1, b6, b12
3. berrynil 4gm
4. dextramethasone 5ml
5. ponophosphone 15 ml
6. avil 15 ml
7. oxitetracycline 40ml
8. ketoprophin 15ml

-Mahesh

Although unlikely it may be tetanas ( I know that isnt spelled right?) I think you may just have to buck up and let her go and put her down.

Here is your help: You got livestock - sooner or later you will have deadstock.

Part of the business - nothing more.

You have done the vet trick and that is good. It did not work.

Time to move on.

I will be plain and blunt - I am one who would have shot her long ago

Go and do the right thing - sooner rather than later.

Or watch her suffer - choice is yours.

Bez+

Angus Cowman":oregn6v1 said:
do what your vet says and don't ask people from all over the world on the computer
I Disagree---Vets are people, just like us with, supposedly, more education. Experience is the BEST teacher, and there is a LOT of experience on this Board !!!!!!! :wave:

talldog":2bqxgo5t said:
Angus Cowman":2bqxgo5t said:
do what your vet says and don't ask people from all over the world on the computer
I Disagree---Vets are people, just like us with, supposedly, more education. Experience is the BEST teacher, and there is a LOT of experience on this Board !!!!!!! :wave:
But at least the vet hasd layed eyes on her, that's more then any of the people on here have done.

dun":1logd3oh said:
talldog":1logd3oh said:
Angus Cowman":1logd3oh said:
But at least the vet hasd layed eyes on her, that's more then any of the people on here have done.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

dun":266ok2m1 said:
talldog":266ok2m1 said:
Angus Cowman":266ok2m1 said:

Did she get sick before or after the vet got there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mahesh":10one4jj said:
Dear Reader,

My cow suddenly fell down 3 days back and the night she fell she was still eating grass but after that day she has just been lying down with her legs stretched and stretching her neck, she did not have any health issues in the past but after that incident her temperature had gone down as low as 98 degree Fahrenheit. Now after the intervention of the vet her temperature is 100.5 degree Fahrenheit but still she has been lying down in the same way. Please advice as I am really worried and it seems she will not make it....

DNS & Glucose has been given by the vet but there is no activity from the cow, its just at times that she moves her legs but nothing more. Please suggest some medicines if possible.

Thanks in advance as you might just save her life...

Medicines already given:
1. glucose 50mg
2. b1, b6, b12
3. berrynil 4gm
4. dextramethasone 5ml
5. ponophosphone 15 ml
6. avil 15 ml
7. oxitetracycline 40ml
8. ketoprophin 15ml

-Mahesh

How old is the cow?

Latest posts