Cow I'm starting to like

Help Support CattleToday:

SSGenetics

Reaction score
Really starting to like this cow. 5 year old who calves on schedule. Weaning calves on average of 53% of her body weight with no supplimentation.

Thoughts and comments welcome, just go easy on me! :tiphat:

347.jpg

WOW, thanks for the comments guys! :tiphat:

I just hope she keeps it up... at 5 she's still young. Time will tell though. :nod:

SSGenetics":22ae5jiw said:
WOW, thanks for the comments guys! :tiphat:

I just hope she keeps it up... at 5 she's still young. Time will tell though. :nod:
At 5 she's just hitting full stride. Very nice lady.

Thanks again everyone! :tiphat:

She's a Chainsaw (Hatchet son) daughter out of a Wendt bred cow, carrying her 4th calf by a brother to this years National Champion bull, "Ranger". She's a pretty good representation of the "type" we are breeding for.

SSGenetics":2eeweslx said:
Thanks again everyone! :tiphat:

She's a Chainsaw (Hatchet son) daughter out of a Wendt bred cow, carrying her 4th calf by a brother to this years National Champion bull, "Ranger". She's a pretty good representation of the "type" we are breeding for.
well if you keep breeding in that direction... you can renew interest in the breed here....i remember going to the livestock expo in Montgomery ... you couldnt see over the back on some of those cattle... and enough leather to stock a saddle company

Really nice udder on her too. These gerts are starting to look more shorthorn and less brahman. I think a 3/16 characteristics is more feasable anyhow.

Massey135":3gfqea27 said:
Really nice udder on her too. These gerts are starting to look more shorthorn and less brahman. I think a 3/16 characteristics is more feasable anyhow.
What would you name that "New Breed"??

TexasBred":2xrdhbnn said:
Massey135":2xrdhbnn said:
What would you name that "New Breed"??

TB
I really like the snaggle tooth kitten avatar.
what I sort of feel like in my doterage.

Latest posts