Cow country

Help Support CattleToday:

Good call Cross - the grass and setup look great.

Any idea what the carrying capacity is? I am guessing it pencils out to well over 10k per pair.

H and H":2jnct7kx said:
Good call Cross - the grass and setup look great.

Any idea what the carrying capacity is? I am guessing it pencils out to well over 10k per pair.

24" rainfall
86 degree average high in summer
12 degree average low in jan.
26" snow

1720 acres at 2200.00 an acre
11 - 160 fenced pastures
1 being in crp
1600 grazeable
Depending on whether you grow hay or buy hay
Being able to rotate through 10 pastures will help
At 10k per pair is a carrying capacity of 378 head
Maybe half that, so 20k per pair to buy in.
But I aint familiar with that type of country
Maybe someone who is can chime in

10 acres per pair sound about right for that area; its the 22k/pair buy in that equates to which makes absolutely no sense.

Cross if you buy that, can I have a 5'x5' plot on top of a hill to stick my cardboard box house on? :lol:

sim.-ang.king":36zembov said:
Cross if you buy that, can I have a 5'x5' plot on top of a hill to stick my cardboard box house on? :lol:

May get a little chilly in the winter time, all I is an investor and we're in business

cross_7":3h4rn8fk said:
sim.-ang.king":3h4rn8fk said:

May get a little chilly in the winter time, all I is an investor and we're in business
Would $5, and a paper clip be enough to get me on the board, and a upgrade to a 6'x6' plot??

TexasBred":7isrh82z said:
I think I would rather have had the Camp Cooley Ranch that sold here in Tx a couple years ago. It came with producing gas wells grossing close to a million a year and room for many more. :nod:
http://www.landreport.com/2011/09/on-th ... ley-ranch/

Typical numbers from cattle people... they list how much revenue the ranch brings in all over the place... where is how much it costs to operate? :lol:

Brute 23":7nxe2y8g said:
TexasBred":7nxe2y8g said:
I think I would rather have had the Camp Cooley Ranch that sold here in Tx a couple years ago. It came with producing gas wells grossing close to a million a year and room for many more. :nod:
http://www.landreport.com/2011/09/on-th ... ley-ranch/

Typical numbers from cattle people... they list how much revenue the ranch brings in all over the place... where is how much it costs to operate? :lol:

The gas income didn't cost a nickel and could be confirmed but the ranch got all wrapped up in the owners construction business which was losing it's a$$ and man had to sell off everything. People that bought it stole it too. It's a showplace too.

That's it, time to sell the cropland at home, pack my bags and move to Nebraska, I figure i can get 3 acres for every one sold here.

Latest posts