cow breathing hard

Help Support CattleToday:

snickers

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday one of our 5 yr. old gelveigh cow's breathing really hard, it was hot and humid and she does have a 3 1/2 month old calf but the rest of the herd wasn't breathing as hard as her. we have wormed this spring already anybody have any suggestions? she is grazing and eating hay we throw them once in awhile.

snickers":3rjlucur said:
I noticed yesterday one of our 5 yr. old gelveigh cow's breathing really hard, it was hot and humid and she does have a 3 1/2 month old calf but the rest of the herd wasn't breathing as hard as her. we have wormed this spring already anybody have any suggestions? she is grazing and eating hay we throw them once in awhile.

How far did she run to get her share of " treats?" :)

not far and she didn't run, they were in the back of the pasture and just walked up to get their drink from the pond. they lay around under the shade tree's a big part of the day then towards evening they come up for their drink and a treat if were there so it's nothing to strenuous for any of them, and like i said she was the only laboring.

Just like some people, some cows don;t handle the heat and humidity as well as others.

Latest posts