Cover Story on Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
The Progressive Farmer has a cover story on hay marketing. It was more interesting to me from the perspective of someone interested in purchasing "quality" hay (not the rolled cardboard I see around here). If it is available on line and you don't get the magazine, it is worth finding and reading. I am pleased that one of the subjects of the article (Elliots) is in Stanford, KY. The other two vendors are in Missouri and Nebraska. I know Fire Sweep, Kris, is very particular about hay quality. If you are near one of these sources and you want good hay, you should have a good read.

I couldn't believe what those producers were getting for their hay. Around here everything gets rolled but it's cheap. I guess the cows don't have anything else to do all winter so they can pick through it! Also I couldn't help but notice it seemed a lot like a Kubota brochure. They have ads on every other page it seemed. They're really getting the new hay tools out there and the M7 looked super nice.

govols":50w41bbe said:
I couldn't believe what those producers were getting for their hay. Around here everything gets rolled but it's cheap. I guess the cows don't have anything else to do all winter so they can pick through it! Also I couldn't help but notice it seemed a lot like a Kubota brochure. They have ads on every other page it seemed. They're really getting the new hay tools out there and the M7 looked super nice.
+1 as that was what thought also.

Latest posts