Cover bull update 3 pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Tod Dague

Reaction score
Well I wanted to give you an update on how he is turning out. He has had a rough year since the last time y'all saw him. He ended up with a testicular infection and had to have an orchiectomy. Good thing he was a big nutted bull. Vet said he is doing as well as most bi-nutted bulls but would probably deplete faster. I don't have many cows, but he covered them all in one go around. :D He lost a lot of blood and it set him back a while but he is growing again.

He was a bit camera shy today, so the pics aren't great.

heifers_and_bull_3_11_06%20011.jpg

heifers_and_bull_3_11_06%20013.jpg

heifers_and_bull_3_11_06%20014.jpg

I think he looks good! I actually like the 1st pictures better though. I've never herd of that surgery, did they do that at the vets office?

It's good to see you finally got some grass. What kind of cattleman are you if you can't get any more rain on those pastures? ;-)

I wish I would have taken a pic of my sand lot last summer. Twenty years from now I'll be saying, "back in the summer and fall of 2000 & 5...that was a bad drought.

I like the bull. How old is he now? What's his breeding?

I like that third pic. It's like he's looking back at you thinking about the last guy who was squatting behind him (probably your vet doing the surgery). Almost as if to say "Get away from there". :D

sidney411":2euj4hvm said:
I think he looks good! I actually like the 1st pictures better though. I've never herd of that surgery, did they do that at the vets office?
Yes sir. They did it at the vets office. He stayed there for a while.

redangus":wl0wy1xa said:
It's good to see you finally got some grass. What kind of cattleman are you if you can't get any more rain on those pastures? ;-)

I wish I would have taken a pic of my sand lot last summer. Twenty years from now I'll be saying, "back in the summer and fall of 2000 & 5...that was a bad drought.

I like the bull. How old is he now? What's his breeding?
I had put in an order for rain a while back, but when they quoted me the price I would have had to sell my small herd. :oops:

He is two, out of Cherokee Cyn 4912.

El_Putzo":b5qofa3g said:
I like that third pic. It's like he's looking back at you thinking about the last guy who was squatting behind him (probably your vet doing the surgery). Almost as if to say "Get away from there". :D
I have to say that it is very hard to get behind him even from a distance. :p

Latest posts