Couple of favorites.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thought I would share a couple of our favorite dutch recipes, (actually they are Chinese-Indonesian in origin).

Nasi Goreng

1-2 onions
2 cloves garlic
1 tsbs sambal (hot pepper sauce) or to taste
300 grams cooked meat (pork or chicken)
1/2 tsp. trassi (shrimp paste)
4 tbsp. evo (oil)
500 cooked rice (your favorite we like sticky rice)
2 tbsp. ketjap (indonesian soy sauce sold in your import food or Chinese food isle)

Peel onions and garlic and puree in food processor of liquidiser with sambal and trassi . Cube the meat .Heat the oil in a wok and fry the puree and spice mix a few minutes. Mix in the meat and fry shortly. Little by little add rice and fry until hot. Add ketjap to taste. If wanted garnish with an omelet of two eggs. (I add the raw eggs in while I am adding the rice and they cook together).

Bami Goreng

400 g mie (Chinese noodles)
300 g boneless pork
200g slivered back bacon
1 leek
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp evo oil
200 g white or savoye cabbage
100 g shredded carrots
50 g shrimp
ketjap

Cook mie according to the instructions and drain. Cube the meat . Clean and finely cut the vegetables. Heat the oil in a wok and start by browning the pork .Add the vegetables and stir fry till crisp. Mix in mie ,back bacon, shrimp and ketjap and stir fry approx. 5 minutes. If wanted garnish with an omelet of two eggs or add raw eggs in while you add mie etc in with meat and veggies.

Conimex makes a package mix for both and it is very good as well all you need is the meat, rice,noodles ketjap and eggs.

Latest posts