couple of bull pics

Help Support CattleToday:

elwapo-
What is the age difference between the two bulls? They are excellent examples of BEEF BULLS, and you should get a very good price for them.

Are the dams of the two bulls over 5 years old?

DOC HARRIS

Doc.
The first bull was born on march 8 2005, his dam is Remitall Pld Emblem 107E, which makes her 11 years old at time of birth.

The second bull was born on march 2005,his dam is KHR 413D, which makes her 12 years old at time of birth.

The bulls look good as ever.Personally i like the Gv more than the balancer. I can't believe that people think the pictures were digitally edited. The digital pictures i take in portrait mode blurs the background as well. Hopefully it gets a few US customers.

Knersie here is another picture of better quality
keystone_1.jpg

elwapo":17orhv0z said:
Knersie here is another picture of better quality
keystone_1.jpg
It appears as if something or somebody has tried to take a gouge out of his lower left flank! Does he have "horned" friends in the same pen with him?

DOC HARRIS

i thought the same thing about his left knee. but that is one cracker jack bull. what is the least you would take for him with the cosmetic damage and all ;-)

Thanks for the better photo, it sure is a top bull! Very impressive muscling and all round phenotypically very good.

I personally don't see the neccesity to blur the background, a synicist like me might just read more in that than what there is. If my comments offended please accept my apology.

Knersie
absolutely no appology needed. In fact I really do appreciate the feedback!

Doc
Had a little hang up in the chute that caused that abrasion.

ALACOWMAN
I would love to send him south.......but we have a little problem at the border as you may have heard.
I will be retaining 1/2 semen rights, which would be exportable.

Hi Elwapo, is you catalogue online yet? I just had a commercial bull buyer come thru this morning and clean out my two year old pen and he also really wanted my Jr herdbull, the money was right so i let him go. I like these kind of buyers who know what they want. But i am going to have to start looking for another bull. I hope calving is going well for you. TTYL

SK we just are finishing the proofs on the catalogue it will be posted on our web site when it is finalized. I will let you know when it is up. We are having a good calving season so far (besides that 2 week cold snap). As you know it is a chalenge to keep the ears from freezing when its -40 with wind chill. We try to bring the cows in from the pature when they look close but there is always surprises. We were on a three hour check when it was cold. Now its +7 during the day and -10 at night so we are finally getting a full nights sleep.

This is an old post and alot of people can't afford bulls like these. There is alot of "what about my bull" and what should I buy? These are very good examples. This will give you an idea and you can go from there.

Thanks cowpoke. For your info, we sold the first bull for $4000 and the second for $3500 this past spring. Overall our sale averaged about $3200. I do think the buyers got good value for the money and we recieved enough to keep the program moving along.

elwapo":2gbxhgdz said:
Cowboyup.
We blur the corrals in the back ground to make the bulls stand out in the photo, we do not alter the bull.
The photos have also been saved in a lower quality to be able to upload them in this format. Thanks for your comments.

As a suggestion, you could avoid having to airbrush the back ground and the controversy of altered photos by changing the settings on your camera. If you're using an SLR camera with a 50mm lens, try setting your camera to Aperture priority, with the F-stop set to 4 or less. Take your photos from about 6 feet away, and your background will be nicely blurred, but your subject will be in focus.

First of all, these are nice bulls to start with but presentation is everything. You did a good job of feeding these bulls, clipping them and posing/photographing them.

I'm considering using absolute as an AI sire this spring. Do you have semen, and more progeny pictures?

Latest posts