County fair!

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
County fair was quite interesting this year-cattle were spooking and acting up that haven't done so in the past. My daughter's heifer that is practically broke to death acted crazy and tried to get out of the ring-one kid who always has perfectly trained animals went balistic. Was so glad to see the show end. All in all, it was a good time-my daughter ended up w/reserve grand hereford heifer who went on to reserve grand overall heifer, grand champ commercial heifer, and my son had grand simmental bull.

There was something in that ring that didn't "smell" right or "look" right. I have seen that happen before and trying to figure out what the heck it is can be a challenge.

showmomof2":xnpsgzlg said:
County fair was quite interesting this year-cattle were spooking and acting up that haven't done so in the past. My daughter's heifer that is practically broke to death acted crazy and tried to get out of the ring-one kid who always has perfectly trained animals went balistic. Was so glad to see the show end. All in all, it was a good time-my daughter ended up w/reserve grand hereford heifer who went on to reserve grand overall heifer, grand champ commercial heifer, and my son had grand simmental bull.

Saw the same kinda thing at the teller county fair this year. Last year they were mostly quiet but this year kinda spooky

All most every ring has something in it that spooks the steers, could be a banner, the judges table, a walkway. This year at our county fair they thought it would be nice to put plants along the front of the ring and around the tent poles in the middle of the ring, they lasted half a day. Cattle either tried to eat them or just flat out ran them over. There are flags that are on the other side of the booths out side one side of our show ring cattle spook at them all the time. Do they make changes? No.
We had very cool weather this year it also contributed to the calves acting up a little more than normal

Latest posts