County Fair

Help Support CattleToday:

capparelli

Reaction score
Just got done at the county fair, loaded my steer up last night. He was a purebred Black Angus that I raised myself, I was the only exhibitor who bred and exihibited their own steer, he is a calf out of one of my old show cows. He was the only purebred steer in the barn. He weighed in at 1206lbs. I ended up winning Reserve Grand Champion Steer and there were 75 steers in the show. A 1/4 Charolais 3/4 Red Angus that weighed 1274 got Grand. I also won 1st place Sr. Showmanship out of 30 and 1st place Record Book, and with the points I earned from winning Reserve, Showmanship and record book I got Overall Steer Exibitor.
I also showed a heifer, she is a 3/4 Angus 1/4 Limo. She is 12 months old and weighs around 950lbs, no lieing about age. She won Grand Champion Commercial Heifer out of 30, I got 1st in Sr. Showmanship and 1st place record book.

This is my best year yet, I only have one left. I will not have a steer of my own to show next year so I will have to buy one from someone else.

Congratulations on your wins! We just started a bred and owned steer divison at our fair this past year. It was a big class.

Latest posts