County extension

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
:help: Ight, so my holstein calf had to go to cow heaven. I was told I need to call the county extension office to get some paper for tax purposes. So I called them and the man was like "HUH a paper cause you calf is DEAD?! what kinda paper do I need give you!? We don't do that." What do I do! :?

The IRS inspector told a friedn of mine the same thing last year. He had the inpsector call a CPA and discovered no one had ever heard of a death certificate except maybe by the vet for insurance purposes. Since your extension guy is so sharp, ask him what it is and where to get it.

Never had to have proof of death. If you bought the calf and it died, it is a direct loss. If you spent money on that calf for meds or vet bills, add that on too.

If you had a calf born out of one of your cows, lost it, that's a whole different story.

Did you buy the calf?? If you paid for the calf you now have a deduction for your farm. On a 1040F, if you file that form. You won't get audited, but if you did a vet statement that he saw your dead calf would be helpful. I wouldn't spend any money on this. You won't be audited unless you are also making rock star $ and farming on the side.

TennesseeTuxedo":sstw2gfb said:
cross_7":sstw2gfb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":sstw2gfb said:
What caused the calf to die?

she shot it..uh but she missed...from a foot away. :lol:

Why in the world would she want to shoot it?

Re: Farming Degrees!?

by Chevy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. OMG! "Texas Christian University Junior applicants formally applying to the Ranch Management Program are required to have maintained a 2.6 overall GPA and should have sufficient working experience in agriculture to understand the nature of the industry." Dayum you think they let catholic girls with tall socks and a -0.02 GPA in their skool!? OMG! I have this problem something about going to skool.... they don't just let me show up and look pretty. They want me to do class work and homework and ! OOOOH MY! I tried to go to skool a while back I had a panic attack in class! AND it was more fun to go ride my dirt bike on sunny days than go sit in the classroom! WTF was the teacher thinking!? Hey are there any on-line classes?! I like that Graham it looks GOOD! Woohoo! I don't like the look of that birthing stuff! Oooh my! My husband better handle that! I gota weak stomach! I tried to shot our calf, she wasn't gunna make it. Well.....I missed... Get real I didn't miss from a foot away on purpose! DUH! Don't tell my o' man he thinks I just didn't have the guts to do it! Ha!

:lol: OH NO NO NO!! Ya'll make me sound bad! I didn't shot it, I missed on purpose. She went down over the weekend, got real sick, had scours bad. I took her to the vet, but he said he didn't think he could save her, it would cost more money than she was worth, best thing would be a bullet. She was going in and out of a coma and had MAGGOTS taking over. So yes I put on my big girl grown a&% women pants suck it up and drove her back home. :frowns: I am VERY VERY girl-girly. I sucked it up and picked her up outa the back of the cattle wagon and got her laid in the field. Yes, maggots, poop, and all! Where is that barfing face! YUCK! Took everything I had in me. Than by the time I got the gun the lady I am just couldn't do it. Bless her heart she was so sweet. She was still fighting to live. I got my nice neighbor man to come do it for me. He did no problem. :)

REALITY SHOW! :???: What like my own show Farmer Shell super barbie!? :lol: Haha! They couldn't keep up with me! That's GREAT! You should call them! I would supposed to be farming, but I be off tanning, workingout, shopping, or something more fun! :p Thanks you made my day! I don't watch much tv, when I do its swamp loggers, orange county choppers, dr oz, the doctors, the news, that's about all sometimes discovery channel.

Chevy":2cwh20sn said:
REALITY SHOW! :???: What like my own show Farmer Shell super barbie!? :lol: Haha! They couldn't keep up with me! That's GREAT! You should call them! I would supposed to be farming, but I be off tanning, workingout, shopping, or something more fun! :p Thanks you made my day! I don't watch much tv, when I do its swamp loggers, orange county choppers, dr oz, the doctors, the news, that's about all sometimes discovery channel.

Paris Hilton did a farm stop, and it was on a variety show.

Chevy":wklbxh38 said:

WHo are you really? I am pretty sure you are another one of us having fun at our expense. Fess up.

backhoeboogie":32csb7k6 said:
Chevy":32csb7k6 said:

Paris Hilton did a farm stop, and it was on a variety show.
Larry the cable guy did one too....they showed how a mammoth jack breeds a horse. Primetime!!! :oops:

Chevy":3qt1o7gc said:

Dr Oz is not a reality show. It's an altered reality show.

Latest posts