Country snake/ city wife

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Big excitment in the house tonight. Seems a small chicken snake got into the house and my wife discovered it. From all the racket you would thought she had seen giant python.
Anyway, got the snake out and wife seems to be calming down a little. Just part of country livin. I'll bet some of you have run into this before.

Be thankful she didn't get a gun and shoot it! Fixin bullet holes in the floor is a chore especially if the Mrs. ain't that good of a shot and mine isn't.

yeah one time i went into the bathroom to take a pee and once i had started i looked down and there was a small rattlesnake stretched across the floor at the base of the toilet.

Opened the siverware drawer at a friend's house years ago and found a cottonmouth in it. It started to raise up just about the time I kicked the drawer shut. Caught it right at the base of the head. Friend shot it with a 22 and we went to the closest beer joint.Z

MillIronQH":3ct4of60 said:
Opened the siverware drawer at a friend's house years ago and found a cottonmouth in it. It started to raise up just about the time I kicked the drawer shut. Caught it right at the base of the head. Friend shot it with a 22 and we went to the closest beer joint.Z

was his wife already there?

Beefy":2bqecup2 said:
MillIronQH":2bqecup2 said:

was his wife already there?

She was gone when it happened. I'm just glad I wasn't the one that had to explain the bullet hole and the blood. She never liked me much anyway. Thought I was a bad influence on her husband.Z

I knew a guy one time who use to like to catch snakes and put them in a fish tank in his house. He kept a peace of plywood on top of the tank for a lid.

One summer he caught a baby deer and was keeping it in his house and his wife was bottle feeding it tring to raise it. Any way it came a bad thunder storm one night and the baby deer got loose in the guys living room. The thunder had it spooked and it got to jumping over the furniture and stuff.

It kicked the fish tank of snakes over and the snakes got loose in his house. When he went into the living room to see what all of the noise was about. He got bit by one of the snakes.

Mother was a nightowl. She washed clothes while she graded papers...and that was after everyone went to bed.

One night she reached into the dirty clothes hamper and was greeted by a king snake...

As I remember, things got a little hectic. I think Daddy broke his toe that night...

Alice

Wife found one in the cellar a few months ago and shot it with my 44 mag and snake shot. then laid it out on the porch, I about crapped my pants when I walked up on it. Not looking for a snake on your porch when it is dead winter.

We had a chicken snake coiled up in the hallway in the house right by where the HVAC unit is. The only way we could figure it got in was through the vent for the Heater. Scared the heck out of my sister when she walked through the door and went right by it without noticing it till she turned around.

Ya'll are creeping me out. I HATE HATE HATE snakes and now I feel like their crawling on me. Ugh!

Dont recall getting snakes in the house, but I have had my famous "snake gathering" incident in the hen house. Twice in a row on the same night. It will make you lose your nerve entirely.

The bull snakes mate during late May on a hill side near the house, other than that we really don't see them much.
Did have a mouse incident in the barn awhile back...spoils a rainy afternoon of fun on the farm.
DMc

Latest posts