Cost per acre to bale

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
My baler died and the nearest cutter wants to charge per acre. What would be a fair price to cut rake and bale.

What did you pay by the bale? Take that and multiply by what your field traditionally yields and see if he will cut it for that figure.

i would not hire my hay cut raked an baled by the ac no way no how.i would only have it done by the bale.we hired a friend to cut an rake our hay for $12 a bale.as we are baling it with a jd 567 baler.if you have the cutter an rake,then cut an rake it an see what he would charge to bale it.

We baled a 13 acre plot, got 49 bales off it. $17.00 a bale (he cuts, rakes and bales- net wrap). That is $64 an acre. Another piece we did is only 5 acres, got 18 bales off that, so that was $61 an acre. We had a small piece that we grazed the first part of spring, and rotated off of. It grew so fast we decided to bale part of it, it was about 3 acres and we got 7 bales, so that would be $40 an acre. It just never works. If you expect a heavy cutting (more bales per acre), you might benefit from it. If you do not, you are likely to lose.

I do custom hay for a freind of mine and I charge her 10.00 a bale. She has about 22 acres and I only did 73 bales. Then I did a neighbors hay on 9 acres and I made 21 bales. Then I did my land about 20 acres and made 117. So as others said look at the yield your land produces and go from there.

Alan, you are not charging anything close to what I have been paying. I suppose you are charging really good friend prices, and you all help each other out. Here, the going rate is $20-22.00 a bale.
Chuckie

Here they charge an hourly rate if the field is not under yearly contract.
Cost you fifty dollar's an hour doesn't matter if your field kick's out 10 bales or a 100.

Latest posts