Cost of fuel in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
I filled up my Toyota Land Cruiser truck and a 55 gallon drum with gasoline today. Cost? 30 bolivares or $3.75. :shock: :D

The 55 gallon drum of diesel set me back 10 b's. or $1.25.

Our muslim president is letting his buddy's rip us off. They were just trying to get even with Bush.

How does everybody else have gas cheaper than here!? $2.999 for regular or 10% ethanol. I am sitting on an area that supposedly has more oil under it than the Middle East and oil activity is absolutely nutz, yet we pay the highest for fuel. Go figure!

whitewing":23sdvdqb said:
I filled up my Toyota Land Cruiser truck and a 55 gallon drum with gasoline today. Cost? 30 bolivares or $3.75. :shock: :D

Yeah...you guys probably grow your own...we buy ours from the Arabs...and YOU. ;-)

whitewing":ozglmdrs said:

That's what got Chavez installed. He's not living in the real world. He nationalized all the foreign oil companies, seized their assets. No wonder he can sell fuel for pennies.

I don't buy fuel from Chavez's companies in the US (Valero).

It is going to keep going up as long as the Fed is devalueing the dollar. Oil took a good jump after the Fed annouced it's 600 billion bond buy back. The government has two ways to generate cash, taxation and printing.
Looks like we are headed Back to the Future (Carter Days) 16% inflation. Crude prices are trendin back down a little due to problems in Ireland and Spain and the dollar has regained a little strength back. Korea bears watching. .

Caustic Burno":nhg3r3eb said:
It is going to keep going up as long as the Fed is devalueing the dollar. Oil took a good jump after the Fed annouced it's 600 billion bond buy back. The government has two ways to generate cash, taxation and printing.
Looks like we are headed Back to the Future (Carter Days) 16% inflation. Crude prices are trendin back down a little due to problems in Ireland and Spain and the dollar has regained a little strength back. Korea bears watching. .

I am afraid we havent even started. Lets see where we are at this time next year. Our country is headed down the wrong road.

lavacarancher":3mk6u38s said:
whitewing":3mk6u38s said:

That's what got Chavez installed. He's not living in the real world. He nationalized all the foreign oil companies, seized their assets. No wonder he can sell fuel for pennies.

Valero is American based and traded on the NYSE. Actually one of the companies that does not utilize imported crude oil. Headquarters is located in San Antonio. Valero comes from Misión San Antonio de Valero, better known worldwide as The Alamo.

Chavez owns a large interest in CITGO. Avoid them like the plague.

The Aussie dollar AUD is about par now with the USD
We are paying $1.30 per litre which if my maths is right is $4.92 per gallon
About the same for Diesel
Its calculated our Government get 60% odd of that in royalties and taxes etc They are all in for a bite

TexasBred":3ihmvbth said:
lavacarancher":3ihmvbth said:
whitewing":3ihmvbth said:

Valero is American based and traded on the NYSE. Actually one of the companies that does not utilize imported crude oil. Headquarters is located in San Antonio. Valero comes from Misión San Antonio de Valero, better known worldwide as The Alamo.

Chavez owns a large interest in CITGO. Avoid them like the plague.

http://www.photohouston.com/port-of-hou ... tures.html

Don't believe that as crude is a comodity that is swapped all the time across the docks.
Son was a dock operator on the Texas City docks, tanker would pull in and barrels would be split between BP, Marathon and Valero . Tanker would be lightered from a supertanker that came from Saudi, North Sea, Venezuela etc. It was not unusal for tankers to bought and traded several times before being refined.
Here on Bolivar roads tankers wait from all over the world to discharge crude. This is a light day have seen it looking like Walmart parking lot after the welfare checks come out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneeighteen/2556949254/

http://www.vesseltrax.com/texas_city_crude_imports.html

Latest posts