Corner Post

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000280.jpg

This aged corner post didn't have enough problems so an armadillo dug a burro under it.

Jogeephus":2x7c7nh5 said:
I'm surprised its still standing. The post to the right is in bad shape to. Reminds me of home.

Yes, but with superior planning (about 15 years ago would be my guess) ga. prime let that tree grow in that spot so that when the post rotted and the armadillo burrowed under it and the next post rotted from the inside, he'd have a homegrown post to nail his fence to.

My commendation, ( :tiphat: ) ga. prime, on an excellent job of executing your plan. :)

Well thanks, cuz. That's a persimmon tree that the cows love to pause under for shade relief during their travels.

looks like that post can fall over at anytime.id hate fixing the fence when it does.

Saw program on TV yesterday where thye were eating armidillo on the half shell. They claimed it tasted like chicken

Armadiller must taste pretty good. I've seen dead deer that might have one or two buzzards eating it, but road kill 'dillo, will have about twenty crowded around for a taste! Yummy!

fourstates":11osm1jo said:
Armadiller must taste pretty good. I've seen dead deer that might have one or two buzzards eating it, but road kill 'dillo, will have about twenty crowded around for a taste! Yummy!
it might have been a hit years ago aroung here when folks eat possum . armadillos are just getting a toe hold, in our area of alabama. dont know about diller and sweet potatoes, how that would fly ;-)

Just the thought of armidillo being a host for leprosy would curtail any and all of my hunger pains when it came to eating that ugly critter.

dun":1nngo5m0 said:
Saw program on TV yesterday where thye were eating armidillo on the half shell. They claimed it tasted like chicken

People always tell you that when they're trying to get you to eat something nasty . I always say, ok just bring me some chicken then .

Larry

ALACOWMAN":3ucskzw4 said:
it might have been a hit years ago aroung here when folks eat possum . armadillos are just getting a toe hold, in our area of alabama.

They migrated into Texas after the dustbowl. Plant migration that dillos feed on came in with the dust bowl and the dillos followed.

For some reason people feel they are native here and I do not understand why.

TNMasterBeefProducer":tdmj9z75 said:
I aint never seen no dillers in Texas but I am sure they are there. I have seen a few dillers in florida though.

They write songs about dillers in Texas as if they had been native to this land.

Latest posts