Corner braces?

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2uv37s5i said:
fence_it":2uv37s5i said:
callmefence":2uv37s5i said:
I don't understand the question?

I think he's asking angle brace or H brace?
then angle. even better a h with a angle. we call just a angle a half brace and just a H notabraceatall....

What is wrong with a H brace? Around here they are superior to everything else as angle braces get jacked out of the soil from frost. Even 5' deep, in 10 years the angle brace will be jacked out at least 6-8 inches out of the ground.

I think he means just an H with no angled wire, just posts. IMO, the angled wire is what really makes it a brace. Without, its just posts in the ground.

BryanM":29y7dn66 said:
Are corner braces or coners stronger as 90 degrees or 2 45 degrees

Do you mean dividing a 90 degree change of direction into two 45s by constructing a 90 and then putting a brace such as a diagonal at the center of the 90 as follows:

2lvl95g.jpg

A properly constructed 90 with horizontal braces and brace wire is standard for the trade. Building 2 45s is not necessary to make a 90 degree change of direction.

You guys don't pay attention to how Fenceman or how FFS is now building their corner braces? I personally think it's overkill but the corner isn't moving no matter how hard the wire is being stretched.

Another one from FFS. He is building fence right now as I post. Lol

BTW: Luke. Those angles are more open than 45 degrees!

29z9el3.jpg

On the creosote job. You got a 90 degree change of direction but the two braces you put in use about a 140 degree inside angle as follows:
rr8nlj.jpg

I understand that you are looking at the outside or fenceline angle

Bright Raven":3smr6reu said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3smr6reu said:
360-90/2=135....never 140. Lol. Like arguing with a post.

135 is correct. But not 45.
look up some fencing specs.... it is very common for turns to be noted in degrees that you vary from a strait line. if you where say walking in a straight line and made a 45degree turn for example. the degree of the turn is measured from the imaginary straight line to the side of the brace that turns from that line.. your splitting hairs prince. everyone is right.....

callmefence":2jqva3qa said:
Bright Raven":2jqva3qa said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2jqva3qa said:
360-90/2=135....never 140. Lol. Like arguing with a post.

look up some fencing specs.... it is very common for turns to be noted in degrees that you vary from a strait line. if you where say walking in a straight line and made a 45degree turn for example. the degree of the turn is measured from the imaginary straight line to the side of the brace that turns from that line.. your splitting hairs prince. everyone is right.....

Yep. Luke got me. 5 degrees could count a lot if you were shooting pool.

Bright Raven":39u212km said:
callmefence":39u212km said:
Bright Raven":39u212km said:

Actually by common industry practice. Your both incorrect. Your measuring the angle wrong. :lol2:
When educated people don't know wtf their talking about..... :roll: .

callmefence":2kgdz94u said:
Bright Raven":2kgdz94u said:
callmefence":2kgdz94u said:

Actually by common industry practice. Your both incorrect. Your measuring the angle wrong. :lol2:

You could have posted all day and not posted that. :cboy:

I got to say. Both you guys know your trade!!@

callmefence":9pug23ae said:
Bright Raven":9pug23ae said:
callmefence":9pug23ae said:

I've actually explained the standard practice to Ron this morning, in a private conversation. But thanks for the kind hearted comments. They are always appreciated. I'll try harder to learn the fencing business.

Farm Fence Solutions":2od43ns1 said:
callmefence":2od43ns1 said:
Bright Raven":2od43ns1 said:

I've actually explained the standard practice to Ron this morning, in a private conversation. But thanks for the kind hearted comments. They are always appreciated. I'll try harder to learn the fencing business.

You did and you can confirm that I confessed the error of my statement. IT IS NOT THE INSIDE ANGLE BUT THE ANGLE EXPRESSED BY THE CHANGE IN DIRECTION FROM A STRAIGHT LINE. LOL

Latest posts