Corned Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1r7vrqfi said:
Just pulled it out of the smoker. Its not a true corned beef as I added a few little tweeks to it but I gotta say this is extraordinary stuff right here. You can cut it with a spoon and the flavor is just outstanding if I have to say so myself. Will definitely be eating some cabbage tomorrow. I gotta say, this is the best corned beef I've ever tasted and I do believe it is good enough to convert a vegan. To beef anyway.

IMG_7091_zpsa7c849d1.jpg

"CORNED BEEF
After this time take the meat out and rinse it off and put it in a pot of cold water and slowly bring the water to a low simmer (about 155-175F) Leave it in there for about 3 hours and when the internal temp is around 155F take it out and let it rest. When it gets to room temp just stick it in the refrigerator for a day and then slice it the next day."

I just followed this from your previous post

Jogeephus":3f9221v1 said:
I give up.
Don't give up on me now. I'm a little thick skulled.
I wanted corned beef for rueben sandwiches. Followed your instructions. I've never heard of smoking corned beef for ruebens. Only to slow simmer/boil it, cool it, slice it. And the cooking part was done with pickling spices that give the meat the "rueben" type flavor. So I searched around for smoked corned beef recipes and learned something new.
Thanks for your patience :tiphat:

GREAT RECIPE Jo my injecter is junk so I left it in for seven days . I simmerd it for 3 hrs. makes great Reubens. :D I got another one in we'll have cornbeef and cabbage next week that'll be 2 briskets then I got an eor for pastrami. I'm killin a stear today so i gotta clean the freezer any way . thanks for the info Jo :clap: The maple syrup gave it an Adirondack flavor witch is great by the way .

I'm glad you liked it. When you kill the steer, take some of the hind quarter and cut some large 8-10 lb chunks out of it and corn that. The butcher might look at you weird but tell him what you are doing and he should understand. This makes for very easy slicing when its finished. I just cut mine into blocks just for this purpose.

Latest posts