Corn Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

somn

Reaction score
I hate to see a guy get his topic locked here I will open it again for you. I had to pull more strings than you can imagine to start this topic.

VanC":e37n1zf5 said:
Why start it up again? There can't be much that hasn't already been said.

I agree, I am done with this topic for awhile. That is my New years resolution. :lol: No more Corn Subsidy talk and no more watching Oprah :lol:

aplusmnt":1y4tokjn said:
VanC":1y4tokjn said:
Why start it up again? There can't be much that hasn't already been said.

I agree, I am done with this topic for awhile. That is my New years resolution. :lol: No more Corn Subsidy talk and no more watching Oprah :lol:

The "corn subsidy" part should be easy... Now about oprah. Well I guess you could watch Judge Judy instead. :lol: Z

When ya,ll get through counting them corn cobs sent them to me, i can use them on the cats.

I am within 20 miles of the biggest alc. producer in the country[adm] and it is not a stable mkt. for corn! Fall of 2005 our local elevator filled up and quit taking corn during harvest because adm was bringing very cheap corn from Iowa :shock: We have several mil. gallons of new production proposed within 100 miles but they are 2-3 years from startup if things stay on track. I think corn prices now are speculating on future demand. There is a lot of resistance to alc. because of water use. Some people may back off on corn if they see these start up dates pushed back even more.

somn, Thanks, but I reckon its time to chat about something else.

How the cattle doing this Winter, enjoying our mild weather so far?

mwj":1jko6cun said:
I am within 20 miles of the biggest alc. producer in the country[adm] and it is not a stable mkt. for corn! Fall of 2005 our local elevator filled up and quit taking corn during harvest because adm was bringing very cheap corn from Iowa :shock: We have several mil. gallons of new production proposed within 100 miles but they are 2-3 years from startup if things stay on track. I think corn prices now are speculating on future demand. There is a lot of resistance to alc. because of water use. Some people may back off on corn if they see these start up dates pushed back even more.

Amen to that - Most of this is just speculation by peolple who have no other interest in than to make some quick money. :mad: :mad:

mnmtranching":388vavdx said:
somn, Thanks, but I reckon its time to chat about something else.

How the cattle doing this Winter, enjoying our mild weather so far?
Winter has been alright I would rather have the 10 degrees and snow instead of 34 degrees and rain that cold rain really takes their body temp down. They all just stand their stiff looking no life to them. But atleast I'm not doing this.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070102/ap_ ... ter_storms

Latest posts