corn futures

Help Support CattleToday:

jt

Reaction score
dont know why, but corn futures are down big right now.

Planting intentions report came out today. 90.5 million acres of corn going in in 2007. That's about 3-4 million more than the industry guesses.

Most estimates were at 88 million acres so this is more but -

Corn prices around here have been dropping since mid Febuary. Lots of speculation going on which drives price up until the traders dump their positions and it goes the other way...

If this country thinks it has a problem being dependent on oil from other countries imagin being dependent on food from other countries. Scary senerio aint it.

VA! I'm from Iowa and I raise corn. No one here will tell you Ethanol is the answer but it sure is a good start. Everbody is afraid we are going to starve the World...lol :) . You know how much corn goes to ethanol?? Just 19% of the total corn production. You know how much people spend on food here? The latest figures I've seen is the average American spend mere 9% on their net desposable income toward food. Much less than 50 years ago. I suggest before everybody thinks the sky is going to fall to take a deep breath and relax.

Latest posts