Corgis!!

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgurl1184

Reaction score
What do you guys think of em and what are your experiences with them...just got one and was wanting to know what im in for

Bought one last thursday, seems to be pretty good so far. She's only 8 weeks old though.

Funny I was going to post the same type question last week. :lol2:

Cardigan or Pembroke? They seem to have slightly different behaviour traits. Neighbor has Pembrokes, we have a Cardigan, smart as a whip, trys to help with the cows but we have a couple of killer cows that attacks anything foreign in the pasture/pen, including cats and turkeys.

dun

cowgurl1184":og9a5pxq said:
no pembroke is what i got not cardigan but all corgis are corgis LOL

Correct, all Corgis are Corgis, but the two breeds are a lot different as one would expect when they're descended from totally different lines and only share the "Corgi" part.

dun

dun":1ohko40e said:
cowgurl1184":1ohko40e said:

Correct, all Corgis are Corgis, but the two breeds are a lot different as one would expect when they're descended from totally different lines and only share the "Corgi" part.

dun

I understand that they were originally bred for cow dogs.They are so short the cows had a hard time kicking them. ;-) :cboy: :shock: :D

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":3l6q7611 said:
dun":3l6q7611 said:
cowgurl1184":3l6q7611 said:

dun

I understand that they were originally bred for cow dogs.They are so short the cows had a hard time kicking them. ;-) :cboy: :shock: :D

They were originally herdingf dogs and I've seen a few givce a good accounting of themselves. When we get 4-5 grown cows that go on the attack they need a lot longer legs to get out of the way. Ours helps with the weaned calves but when we turn them back into the cow herd she doesn;t get to help anymore.

dun

We are on our second Corgi. The first one was stolen. Our new one is about 12 weeks old & is incredibly smart. It takes no time at all to teach her things. Our first one was good, but not as smart as this one. I think they are excellent dogs. A lot of our friends have them & only one of them is stupid...

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1noyhcnn said:
Had a welsh corgi about 20 years ago. It was a pembroke. That was the dumbest dog I have ever had I called her hortense cuz I hated to even look at her. She was ugly and had a bad gas problem she used to cut the cheese constantly and it was silent but deadly. Came home one day and half the furniture in the house was chewed up. Next day i come home and some how she had gotten inside a desk drawer I had in my office and got a bunch of chocolate bars out and ate and then puked all over the house and had the runs all over the carpet. She finally got run over and died. I can honestly say that I didnt even cry. Ill hate corgis till my last dieing breath. To me they are like coyotes open season kill em on site.
You certainly have a way with words.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2jesyudk said:
Had a welsh corgi about 20 years ago. It was a pembroke. That was the dumbest dog I have ever had I called her hortense cuz I hated to even look at her. She was ugly and had a bad gas problem she used to cut the cheese constantly and it was silent but deadly. Came home one day and half the furniture in the house was chewed up. Next day i come home and some how she had gotten inside a desk drawer I had in my office and got a bunch of chocolate bars out and ate and then puked all over the house and had the runs all over the carpet. She finally got run over and died. I can honestly say that I didnt even cry. Ill hate corgis till my last dieing breath. To me they are like coyotes open season kill em on site.
They say a dog is like it's owner I am on my fourth corgi and have raised several litters everyone seems to love them and they are all pretty smart.

RAWCJW":ztk60fs8 said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":ztk60fs8 said:
They say a dog is like it's owner I am on my fourth corgi and have raised several litters everyone seems to love them and they are all pretty smart.

OOPS :lol: ;-)

The male pembrokes shed quite abit the females don't shed as bad.Our corgis are outside so they shed more than most.We have sold several females for inside.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2a28fg7s said:

I hope Lizzy doesn't read this, she has many, and if you visit lil' ol' Blighty you might get done for treason.
I had a Cardigan Corgi about 20 years ago and he was a great little fella he won us a few prizes at the local farmers dog shows. not much good with the horses though.

I too have grown up with the prembrokes all my life and loved every one I owned. They are very faithful dogs and very smart, they will test you at first because they are so smart but they always listen in the end.

Latest posts