Cops and school shootings.

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.":1lg425lb said:
skyhightree1":1lg425lb said:
ChrisB":1lg425lb said:
I agree. Looks really bad though and no matter what the truth is, there will be people calling him a coward and blaming him for kids getting shot.

Nobody knows what they would have done in that situation; although we will all claim we would have gone into the school and been willing to lay down our lives. It's like when you see a news story about an assault or something that happens in front of a group of people. Every guy that wasn't there says what they would have done to stop it if they were around; the assault just so happened in front of the only 20 guys in the world that wouldn't respond in a heroic manner.

Well one things for sure if he had did everything that he could have he would not have left his job. Him leaving makes it look bad on him we do not yet have every single detail but I don't know any hero's that resign.
got a good point there

While I have never had to engage a shooter I have put myself in dangerous situations without fear of my life. For most people that have been in this situation they all say the same thing is I did not think and just did what I was supposed to do. Everyone is not a leader and willing to die for anyone else. Its apparently this coward did not care about these kids.

Only a ignorant fool thinks guns kill people. The school cop needed to call for backup and then try and get into position to intercept the murderer. Anything past 15 or 20 yards and a pistol is no match for an AR. I would like to know what the cop was thinking and why he didn't take action myself, who knows he might have a good reason.

hurleyjd":34xi4e8l said:
I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.

This .243 that you speak of, how did you "register" it? Who did you "register" it with?

jehosofat":1b89szit said:
hurleyjd":1b89szit said:
I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.

This .243 that you speak of, how did you "register" it? Who did you "register" it with?

I'm curious about this too.

The only Texas firearm registration I know of is manufacturer warranty registration and I've bought long guns since 1968. It can't be a county thing, because Texas state constitution precludes that.

jehosofat":274lx4d0 said:
Bright Raven":274lx4d0 said:
bball":274lx4d0 said:
That man will never be the same again. The shame and guilt would eat me alive. One of those 2 or 3 moments in a man's life when the heroes are separated from those that arent.

I would not be surprised for him to take is own life.

Hope so.

Wishing another person to kill them self speaks volumes of your character. While he did not do what we all thought he should have, to hope suicideon someone is drastically uncalled for.

Bestoutwest":ugem8gea said:
jehosofat":ugem8gea said:
Bright Raven":ugem8gea said:

Hope so.

Wishing another person to kill them self speaks volumes of your character. While he did not do what we all thought he should have, to hope suicideon someone is drastically uncalled for.

When people reference my character, the most common phrase is "brutally honest"

The only Texas firearm registration I know of is manufacturer warranty registration and I've bought long guns since 1968. It can't be a county thing, because Texas state constitution precludes that.

The fact that the sheriff Israel expressed dismay at the resource officer's reaction (or lack of it) is telling.

jehosofat":t3vnpqs9 said:
Bestoutwest":t3vnpqs9 said:
jehosofat":t3vnpqs9 said:

When people reference my character, the most common phrase is "brutally honest"
That wasn't the direction I was going in, but pat yourself on the back if you'd like.

True Grit Farms":meqd17os said:
Only a ignorant fool thinks guns kill people. The school cop needed to call for backup and then try and get into position to intercept the murderer. Anything past 15 or 20 yards and a pistol is no match for an AR. I would like to know what the cop was thinking and why he didn't take action myself, who knows he might have a good reason.

I'll just leave this right here........
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/05/ ... t-honored/

greybeard":2dwgilhf said:
True Grit Farms":2dwgilhf said:

I'll just leave this right here........
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/05/ ... t-honored/

Don't stop there, this guy didn't hide either.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... h-shooting

jehosofat":3qr2c008 said:
Bright Raven":3qr2c008 said:
bball":3qr2c008 said:
That man will never be the same again. The shame and guilt would eat me alive. One of those 2 or 3 moments in a man's life when the heroes are separated from those that arent.

Hope so.

That is a terrible statement.

Ken

It gets worse:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics ... index.html
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ium=social

Not 1 Broward county deputy stayed outside, but 4.
When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.
Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

What these Coral Springs officers observed -- though not their feelings about it -- will be released in a report, likely next week. Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.

Goodrum said in a statement to CNN, "Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other." Goodrum declined to comment on the content of their conversation.

:(

M-5":36soznop said:
jehosofat":36soznop said:
hurleyjd":36soznop said:

It was right after RR was shot and the Brady bill was in affect. I bought it in Grenville Texas at k mart store for $69.95. Had to fill out the paper at the store and they filed it with some agency. I had the copy of the registration on file until our house burned in 1996. Maybe it was just a waiting period. But I had to fill out the form at the store.

hurleyjd":2n4roqkg said:
M-5":2n4roqkg said:
jehosofat":2n4roqkg said:

It was right after RR was shot and the Brady bill was in affect. I bought it in Grenville Texas at k mart store for $69.95. Had to fill out the paper at the store and they filed it with some agency. I had the copy of the registration on file until our house burned in 1996. Maybe it was just a waiting period. But I had to fill out the form at the store.
LoL, that's not registering a gun that was the background system that was put in place. I have filled that paperwork out many times. It's just checking to see if your a criminal

M-5":1ejfhqkm said:
hurleyjd":1ejfhqkm said:
M-5":1ejfhqkm said:

LoL, that's not registering a gun that was the background system that was put in place. I have filled that paperwork out many times. It's just checking to see if your a criminal
What information goes in section of the background check form 4473.

The purchase of my .243 would be under the gun control act of 1968. After JFK was assassinated. My timeline was not correct. I do not know what was filled out but do think that the gun was described on the application. Also at one point if I remember correctly you had to sign up to buy ammo .

hurleyjd":3ns75xu5 said:
M-5":3ns75xu5 said:
hurleyjd":3ns75xu5 said:

The purchase of my .243 would be under the gun control act of 1968. After JFK was assassinated. My timeline was not correct. I do not know what was filled out but do think that the gun was described on the application. Also at one point if I remember correctly you had to sign up to buy ammo .

The gun is listed on the background form. There is no official data base that is in that has it registered. You are in system as purchasing it . This is the system that the left doesn't think exist . It only punishes law abiding citizens , criminals don't do background checks

hurleyjd":29q6r5st said:
M-5":29q6r5st said:
hurleyjd":29q6r5st said:

Read the remarks by Johnston when he signed the bill and you will notice that registration and licensing was not one of the auspices of the 1968 GCA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Contr ... Commentary

Heck, here it is:
In his remarks upon signing the act in October 1968, Johnson said:

Congress adopted most of our recommendations. But this bill—as big as this bill is—still falls short, because we just could not get the Congress to carry out the requests we made of them. I asked for the national registration of all guns and the licensing of those who carry those guns. For the fact of life is that there are over 160 million guns in this country—more firearms than families. If guns are to be kept out of the hands of the criminal, out of the hands of the insane, and out of the hands of the irresponsible, then we just must have licensing. If the criminal with a gun is to be tracked down quickly, then we must have registration in this country. The voices that blocked these safeguards were not the voices of an aroused nation. They were the voices of a powerful lobby, a gun lobby, that has prevailed for the moment in an election year.
IOW, there was no gun registration requirement that came out of the '68 legislation.

Latest posts