copperhead ate frog

Help Support CattleToday:

ccr

ranch hand
Reaction score
found this snake while playing ball with the dog this morning. it was laying next to the ball. never thought about it, but didn't know they eat frogs. this frog almost as big as the snake popped out when i was hitting the snake with the hoe.

Yes they do. The copperhead and cottonmouth are cousins. Both are the same genus. Agkistrodon. The indians actually realized the relationship. They called copperheads "Upland Moccasins".

Copperheads are mean snakes. When I was 14, I got bit, then my best friend two weeks later by copperheads.

I've seen rattlers and moccasins run if they have an escape route. I've also seen copperheads attack. Lucky (at least for me when I was 14), they're not very venomous.

ccr said:
found this snake while playing ball with the dog this morning. it was laying next to the ball. never thought about it, but didn't know they eat frogs. this frog almost as big as the snake popped out when i was hitting the snake with the hoe.

I watched one once bow hunting catch a big leopard frog.
Was with my cousin playing when he got bit by a timber rattler. It bit and killed the dog first then bit him.

ccr said:
found this snake while playing ball with the dog this morning.
this frog almost as big as the snake popped out when i was hitting the snake with the hoe.
I must be dyslexic...
I googled hitting a hoe with the snake and the images that popped up were nothing like this. :eek:

sstterry said:
hillbilly beef man said:

Saw this black snake catch this little guy, I was amazed he could swallow it.

What the heck?? How did that happen?

Steve. That is a Black Rat Snake. They are excellent hunters and commonly eat rats, mice, rabbits, etc.

https://youtu.be/3ryS7WRVOgk

Sometimes a frog eats a snake...

frog-eats-snake.jpg

Latest posts