Cop ?

Help Support CattleToday:

John, they will take any other body hair for that test. You know what I mean... :help:

Bandsaw":220fjipv said:
Lammie":220fjipv said:
John, they will take any other body hair for that test. You know what I mean... :help:

And that suggests?

That would suggest to me that hair is hair and it doesn't matter if you shave your head because unless you shave your entire body, they will do a hair test if indicated. I know someone to whom this happened.

I think it's age related. My husband's been in law enforcement for 30 years. He and his contemporaries have short( above the ears, couldn't grab a hold of it if you tried ) "hairstyles". The younguns mostly all have the buzz cuts. Most departments do have regs about maximum hair length, facial hair ( mustaches are usually okay but no beards if you wear a uniform ,etc. ) and female officers have to wear their hair above their collar or wear a pony tail ( not a good idea, it makes a great handle to grab in a fight).

Texas Gal":26xrcc2p said:
I think it's age related.

Yes indeed. The Sesame Street Generation. You also wonder why freaks would go around with green or orange hair. Where did they get that idea? Then you watch Sesame Street with your grandchildren and see where the ideas came from.

Captain Kangaroo never showed such outlandish freaks.

backhoeboogie":1vqy0pad said:
Texas Gal":1vqy0pad said:

Yes indeed. The Sesame Street Generation. You also wonder why freaks would go around with green or orange hair. Where did they get that idea? Then you watch Sesame Street with your grandchildren and see where the ideas came from.

I agree BHB, i think Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rodgers were War Vets , i could be wrong but i think i read that somewhere.

backhoeboogie":3k5ldg38 said:
Texas Gal":3k5ldg38 said:

I don't know, backhoe. Mr. Moose was pretty weird.

To intimidate and harrass is why they do it. Plus their hats fit better on their fat heads if they dont have any hair.

I just do it to clean up the rough edges. :D

Hate the guys that comb it over.

Shaved head equals easy to keep clean and easy to fix with a needle and thread when it gets cut to pieces in a scrap.

Bez+

Bez+":3kazjktf said:
I just do it to clean up the rough edges. :D

Hate the guys that comb it over.

Shaved head equals easy to keep clean and easy to fix with a needle and thread when it gets cut to pieces in a scrap.

Bez+

You lead with your head Rambo??

Have ya'll noticed that along with the military style high and tights there has been a huge increase over the last few years of police wearing black, blue or khaki BDU style pants bloused into their tatical boots? They are also wearing allot more tatical equipment (holsters w/ leg straps etc.). Even our local DNR officer wears olive drab BDU's. My conspirator side says that this is a conditioning thing so that we will get used to seeing an eventual police state. When cops are hard to tell from soldiers it is getting time to worry. :x

HOSS":1c8mehsu said:
Have ya'll noticed that along with the military style high and tights there has been a huge increase over the last few years of police wearing black, blue or khaki BDU style pants bloused into their tatical boots? They are also wearing allot more tatical equipment (holsters w/ leg straps etc.). Even our local DNR officer wears olive drab BDU's. My conspirator side says that this is a conditioning thing so that we will get used to seeing an eventual police state. When cops are hard to tell from soldiers it is getting time to worry. :x

Some around here dress like you describe.....but most are also still about 80 pounds overweight, not counting the 25 pounds of hardware they have around their waist. Takes a small cow hide just to make the belt. And zippers on the side of the boots..no way in hel they could ever bend over and lace them up.

HOSS":2etac9b2 said:

I have noticed this too. I am a little concerned. We have good cops around here, with the usual sprinkling of bad apples. It just bothers me, the style. I hate Nazi comparisons, but the extreme end of this is brownshirts.
Given the environment they work, I think they need some "esprit de corps", and if that style helps then I am all for it. Apparently their supervisors don't have a problem.

HOSS":3s1ff71m said:
Have ya'll noticed that along with the military style high and tights there has been a huge increase over the last few years of police wearing black, blue or khaki BDU style pants bloused into their tatical boots? They are also wearing allot more tatical equipment (holsters w/ leg straps etc.
carry it around.[/b]

Even our local DNR officer wears olive drab BDU's. My conspirator side says that this is a conditioning thing so that we will get used to seeing an eventual police state. When cops are hard to tell from soldiers it is getting time to worry. :x
Agreed. I'm afraid the mind set is moving away from the job being to serve and protect the public, to one that sees the public as the enemy.

If they put any more equipment on their belts they will have to get Wal Mart shopping carts to carry it around.

Ryder":3pn8uoij said:
HOSS":3pn8uoij said:
Have ya'll noticed that along with the military style high and tights there has been a huge increase over the last few years of police wearing black, blue or khaki BDU style pants bloused into their tatical boots? They are also wearing allot more tatical equipment (holsters w/ leg straps etc.
carry it around.[/b]

Even our local DNR officer wears olive drab BDU's. My conspirator side says that this is a conditioning thing so that we will get used to seeing an eventual police state. When cops are hard to tell from soldiers it is getting time to worry. :x
Agreed. I'm afraid the mind set is moving away from the job being to serve and protect the public, to one that sees the public as the enemy.

If they put any more equipment on their belts they will have to get Wal Mart shopping carts to carry it around.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

I think you are on the right track Hoss, our police report generally consists of barking dogs, crowing roosters, cows out and the occasional drunk yet our officers just completed training with m-16s at taxpayer expense. I'll protect and serve myself ,thank you. I'm all for law and order but some of these guys are nut jobs and way over compensating. It used to be easy to talk to them and they actually took pride in their appearance, ironed shirts, polished boots, nice haircuts, I just cringe now, most are bullies.

I used to be a cop.

It takes a very special individual to be a cop. And actually, the very special individuals, as a rule, do not make GOOD cops.

I wasn't special enough............(sigh).

As the actress said to the bishop. :tiphat:

Jim62":28dump1w said:
I used to be a cop.

It takes a very special individual to be a cop. And actually, the very special individuals, as a rule, do not make GOOD cops.

I wasn't special enough............(sigh).

As the actress said to the bishop. :tiphat:
I think I understand.