overzealous cop.

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt":3bxlf2xc said:
Thank goodness for those dash board cameras. I understand a lot of police departments don't have them. Of course it didn't help this poor fella on Thanksgiving day.

http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386

Walt

Two observations. I think this fella's a little too tightly wound to be a patrol officer. He needs some anger management classes. You can't just tase someone like that. And what was this person supposed to do when the cop tells him to get out of the car and get his license and proof of insurance?

Now, when you get pulled over, you should be getting that stuff out when you see the lights flashing. I try to have them ready when the officer comes to the window. You never try to argue with an officer. They just don't have a reason to talk to you at that point beyond making sure that you have your information. And if you do pi$$ one off, you never continue to argue.

All in all, without knowing what else went on, or why that officer is so angry to begin with, I think the officer needs to take a serious look at whether this is the job for him. And I hope he got the bok thrown at him for tasing some poor slob doing five over.

He has issues.

Thank you, Lammie, for giving the synopsis. Now I know I don't want to watch it. A taser in the hands of a cop with an attitude... :shock:

When the police here got their tasers things seemed to get a bit out of hand. One example...there was a guy who was having a seizure and the police thought he was simply disobeying orders. They tasered that poor man I forget how many times.

However, for personal protection, I wouldn't mind having a taser... 8)

Alice

Just as officers are armed with Tazers, law abiding citizens should all get a copy of their State's government phone directory. This can be a valuable piece of info cause the government seems to work a lot faster and more efficient when you start at the top and let them channel it downhill. You'd be surprised.

Lammie":260i7rvn said:
Now, when you get pulled over, you should be getting that stuff out when you see the lights flashing. I try to have them ready when the officer comes to the window.
Don't get your insurance information if you have to reach for it (for example, in the glove box or your purse on the floor of the passengers side). Wait till the officer gets to your car, then get it while she or he is watching. Officers get real nervous when they are walking up to your car, and see you fishing in the glove box. Just little something to make the process a whole lot easier.

Tazers are over used.

angie":mdrulg0v said:
Lammie":mdrulg0v said:
Now, when you get pulled over, you should be getting that stuff out when you see the lights flashing. I try to have them ready when the officer comes to the window.
Don't get your insurance information if you have to reach for it (for example, in the glove box or your purse on the floor of the passengers side). Wait till the officer gets to your car, then get it while she or he is watching. Officers get real nervous when they are walking up to your car, and see you fishing in the glove box. Just little something to make the process a whole lot easier.

Tazers are over used.

Several years ago, there were a series of fatal police shootings in Dallas and everyone just went crazy. In fact, word was that if you were pulled over that you were to sit with your hands on the steering wheel until the officer went to your car. And I hate to say this, but especially if you were black. This is Dallas, you know...

I have tried to remember this. I normally have my liability card in my wallet with my DL so that I won't have to go digging in my glove compartment. That can take all day.

Yea if you get pulled over jsut sit with your hands on the steering wheel. If I were a cop thats what I woudl want someone to do anyways. I figure they must get nervous pulling someone over and getting ready to give them a fine. You never know who is driving the car and what they may have to lose if they get caught.

This guy needs to be more than suspended. He is taser happy at the least. I would like to take that taser and put it where the sun don't shine and pull the trigger till the battery runs down. :shock:

I don't know if folks realize it or not, but the blast from a taser is not a "spurt" of energy ~ it is a straight undiminished shock lasting 5 seconds. Maybe it is different other places, but where I work ~ officers are not required to have it used on them before using it on others. It is recommended that you take the shock though as it "looks better if it goes to court" (which is true).

Wow, that aritcle was an eye opener. This guy does have issues and he probably should not have been allowed to become a cop or at least to remain one. It really sounds to me like he was pi$$ed that he had to work on Thanksgiving. "I get edgy when I get hungry." (paraphrased). You pull over a guy on a holiday for going 5 over, his little old mother is sitting in the passenger seat with a covered dish in her lap, man, the smell of sweet tater pie must have just pushed him clean over the edge!

I am sure that that guy's mama would have shared!!! :D