Coon of a different color...

Help Support CattleToday:

milesvb

Reaction score
Anyone ever run across one of these guys? This the only coon I've ever seen that wasn't "racoon" colored.

P9080522.jpg

P9080526.jpg

Miles...he's "Burnt Orange" like he's trying to become the new UT mascot....The Texas Coons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i used to know some girls that peroxided their hair that color.

last year i saw an albino fox squirrel. had the red eyes and everything.

Beefy":2h6qs40o said:
i used to know some girls that peroxided their hair that color.

last year i saw an albino fox squirrel. had the red eyes and everything.

How did he taste? :cowboy:

Never seen one that color. That's unique. Might as well let it go cause I doubt it will make CAB. Nose ain't black.

I haven't seen any that color, myself...but I know that that is called a BLONDE color phase....kinda like bears I guess

TexasBred":f94dt7jo said:
Miles...he's "Burnt Orange" like he's trying to become the new UT mascot....The Texas Coons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: I'm going to resist the urge to expound on that comment. :lol2:

Beefy":f94dt7jo said:
did you catch it near saltwater?

Nope. We're about 2 hours inland from the coast.

My farmer neighbor referred to it as a "yeller coon" and to be neighborly I transported this rascal to our other place (no cropland for a few miles in any direction) and let him join the resident coon population. Hopefully he'll have enough gratitude to stay out of trouble because the other 31 coons I removed from the hog trap in the creek bottom this year didn't get so lucky. They are a bit thick this year.

My uncle as well as myself coon hunt alot and he always tells the story of one hunt about 25 years ago when he shot a coon with a color phase like that. Not knowing what it was worth he took it to his fur buyer and sold it for double what the current hide price was. He said he had second thoughts about selling it while on his way home. The following year when he went to sell his hides, the fur buyer had the color phased coon my uncle shot mounted in his office.

There is a bunch of racoon that live in a swampy area near my inlaws condo in Fla. I saw one in that bunch a few years ago that looked like that. Pretty cool.

milesvb":pie89nh7 said:
Anyone ever run across one of these guys? This the only coon I've ever seen that wasn't "racoon" colored.

P9080522.jpg

P9080526.jpg

Dad was an avid coon hunter him an his hunting partner Coony Pritchard treed three young Albino coons.

I've seen two hides like that one while in Nebraska. They were pretty proud of them. Let him enter the gene pool and start breeding you some fancy albino coons.

We see them sometimes with that colour- but only at the dump. Must be a combination of genetics and food.

The darned things are starting to over run the country side.

Whatever, we ill every one of them we see - vermin - and huge rabies carriers.

Have a good one

Bez+

Bez+":3ejgsspz said:
We see them sometimes with that colour- but only at the dump. Must be a combination of genetics and food.

Have a good one

Bez+

Bez you are far enough north that you should skin those coons this winter. I would say that 2 hides would bring as much as the profit on 1 calf.

mwj":284imrm7 said:
Bez+":284imrm7 said:

Have a good one

Bez+

Bez you are far enough north that you should skin those coons this winter. I would say that 2 hides would bring as much as the profit on 1 calf.

I got a real nice coon skin hat that my dog "personalized for me" - but we are over run with anti fur folks as well - they are worth about 3 bucks a pelt last I checked.

Bez+

Latest posts